Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

"DCI is preparing for a Battle like no other. Find out more. Friday 4PM EST. http://DCI.org"

This doesnt sound like any reason they've had before to draw things out... this kinda sounds serious. but god i swear if its woodwinds, i will be done with corps. I will go back and watch my old 80's videos, and forget about DCI as we now know it.

• Like 1

I find it rather odd that during the time frame that this topic has been discussed, Mike Boo has entered comments on other topics but has been MIA about this one. Hmmmmmmm!. Someone's lips are sealed!

I thought the same thing - Boo has been silent... a little too silent?

Fred Morrison on his Facebook in reply to a comment saying it might be G7 related:

"This is something different and cool!"

I don't think they are going to add woodwinds to drum corps at this point if for no other reason than 2013 shows are already planned.

I don't think it will have to do with the G7 either and if it does, it's not Mr. Boo's silence that surprises me, it's Mr. Hopkins, after all he's the one generating the most ink on this subject.

As far as Michael Boo's silence, it may simply be he has other things in life to do than to respond to DCP posts.

I'd love to think it has to do with finals being on Pay Per View since I don't think I'll be in Indy this summer, but would this increase revenues or take away from attendance at Lucas Oil?

In the end, I think it will be some kind of fundraising gimmick. To me it has "fundraising" written all over it, "not public relations"which would be the case if it involved a major announcement such as a topic as important as the G7.

Of course, I've been wrong before, so don't bet the farm on my speculation.

Edited by Tim K

I find it rather odd that during the time frame that this topic has been discussed, Mike Boo has entered comments on other topics but has been MIA about this one. Hmmmmmmm!. Someone's lips are sealed!

It's because I honestly have absolutely NO idea what this is all about. I asked and learned it's not something I've got any involvement with...and that's all I know.

Maybe I'm being replaced by an intern. :w00t:

• Like 3

I thought the same thing - Boo has been silent... a little too silent?

I promised Oprah I'd reveal nothing until her interview with me was broadcast.

• Like 3

As far as Michael Boo's silence, it may simply be he has other things in life to do than to respond to DCP posts.

I appreciate your faith in the content of my life, and I oh-so-wish I had enough going on that it were true.

I promised Oprah I'd reveal nothing until her interview with me was broadcast.

Juicer. :tongue:

• Like 1