Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

I don't know what this is about but here is what I was told.

I asked a friend "in the know" for his opinion of the recent G7 letter and told me that he rather not comment, BUT there would be an announcement soon that would "restore my faith in the activity".

What that means, I don't know.

In 2014, all corps will perform their own personal rendition of Madison Scouts' 1995 show :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 3

DCI GUYS, CALL ME! I own a company that helps brands do this kind of thing correctly.

Interesting

but considering this thread…looks like they have built a fair amount of interest with not much at all

Just curious, does Hoppy know about the Yea Guy meme? Someone may want to clue him in on it, all you need to do is an image search for 'Yea Guy' for a good laugh

Is is true that SCV is doing a tribute show to Manti Te'o this year ?...... complete with the creation of intrique where a person mysteriously vanishes at the end of the show ?

"This I believe..." wait a minute..... :blink:

Still hoping for Gettysburg (don't forget YEA did camps there in the past). Then I can put bunk beds in my shed and rent it out for housing.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Can't argue with some of those points. :smile:/> I just respectfully disagree with the class idea. I do agree Open probably needs more love, though.

Mike

Maybe do a full tour class and a partial tour class.

"A Battle is Brewing"

Maybe it's a coffee company sponsorship.

If so, here is the perfect tie-in: http://jblmmwr.com/bean/

(Joint Base Lewis-McCord Morale Welfare and Recreation's coffee shops)

Good coffee BTW. :thumbup:

In 2014, all corps will perform their own personal rendition of Madison Scouts' 1995 show :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/> :thumbup:/>

I would dislike that and it would be the first time ever I wouldn't buy Fan Network. Madison Scouts 1995 was a great show, and I enjoyed watching them perform all summer. But just as I would prefer Madison find new ways of entertaining me/us, rather than a retread of a past great show, I would loathe other corps trying to do a retread of that, or any show. It can be done: SCV did a great job with Ballet for Martha, Cadets did a decent job with their WSS show a few years back, etc. But I'd prefer new ideas. I can always watch a DVD, or FN video of Madison 95 when ever I want to remember/relive the awesome experience of seeing them live.

So DCI says it's "not a fundraiser". But they posted this to their twitter account last night:

Hmmm; some of those are foreign coins. Does anyone know which country?

That's a little harsh! Time for you to recruit another mole.

But I haven't yet finished paying for the current one!