People who have influenced you?

Hmmmmm

Ted Key,Steve Cooley, John Hathaway, Mike Linton, John Nolan, Tom Peashey, Corky Fabrizio, Beth Fabrizio, Donny Allen, Jim Allen, Gary Hoyt, Vince Monacelli.

• Like 1

I have had the honor of marching with some great people! Corky Fabrizio, Vince Monacelli, Jerry Kelsey, but there is one person who really influenced my love for drum corps, and that would be Vince Bruni!

• Like 1

Bill Kellerman, when he was one of my directors at South Brunswick HS in Jersey. He was the brass caption head at Crossmen back in the 90s and taught at Cadets and other great corps. He was the most inspirational teacher I've ever met. He never let his cancer affect him, even to the very end. God rest his soul.

This, being the anniversary of the passing of one the great legends, I'll go with Cos, James J. Costello, Jr.!

Shout out to Louie Storck too, to name a few

So far, in my two short years with CV...

• My parents, for financially supporting me through my first summer with CV. CV might be cheap for a drum corps, but the 3-hour round trip each weekend, food, hotel, and time away from my family wasn't. They know how much this corps means to me, and now that I've had a teaching gig come directly from my involvement with CV, they believe me when I say it can open doors.
  • Dave Stollberg, for encouraging me and getting me in the door with CV 2011. It was late in the spring, and I thought I had missed my chance. I went in to play quads but was put on a snare right away and in to the fire; I had never marched snare and was not experienced with traditional grip. I was hooked after a weekend. cool.gif
  • Chris Romanowski, for helping me think big picture. He's put me in a role that allows me to use my previous experiences to thrive. Because of him, I see how important continuity is for us as we strive to establish a tradition of excellence for our percussion section. Romo's such an intuitive teacher/mentor, and his DCI/DCA judging experience is a fantastic asset, too. CV is very fortunate to have him on board.