Adirondack Drums Ends

I have fond memories of this event which was a kind of "home show" for me. My mother lived nearby in Lake George and we attended the show together for years. On a summer evening in 1982, the drum major of the San Jose Raiders ended their performance by coming into the stands and presenting her with a rose. It was one wonderful moment among the thousands that the Lions and the corps provided the community for years.

I'm with Andy and Eddie in encouraging the establishment of an Alumni and /or combined show. There have been marching drums in these mountains since the French, English and Mohawks roamed here. This is a tradition that should be comtinued.

This was the first DCI show I ever went to as a little kid. My mother won the 50/50 that night back in 1980 or 1981. I left the show knowing that someday I would march in DCI. I'm really sad to hear the news.

This was the first DCI show I ever went to as a little kid. My mother won the 50/50 that night back in 1980 or 1981. I left the show knowing that someday I would march in DCI. I'm really sad to hear the news.

What I find interesting is when I have communications with the Lion's Club and others from the area, their words say, if they can't have a DCI show then they don't want a show. They either don't understand, or are unwilling to recognize that other parts of the artform exist, or won't even be considered.

There are many like myself and quite a few others that don't live in the area anymore, that are willing to help and do what we can to keep a show in upstate NY. Discouraging.

I love the idea of all those Great Alumni Corps doing this show. Many of these when competitive , were frequents to the area, and a show like this just might re-ignite the interest in the marching entertainment business. I appreciate the sugestions, and will make an effort to bring this suggestion to the lions club and perhaps other orginaizations of their type, to try and continue this tradition in the North East!

I love the idea of all those Great Alumni Corps doing this show. Many of these when competitive , were frequents to the area, and a show like this just might re-ignite the interest in the marching entertainment business. I appreciate the sugestions, and will make an effort to bring this suggestion to the lions club and perhaps other orginaizations of their type, to try and continue this tradition in the North East!

(For someone in Hudson Falls/Ft Edward/Glens Falls area. Pass this on!)

Ok Lions Club. Here's the Plan. Near the end of June. Have a combo Alumni - DCI Open Class show.

The New, " ADK - Drums on the Hudson "

Have 4 Alumni type Corps: Hawthorne Cab's, NY Skyliners, Bridgemen, Scout House..

Have 4 DCI Open Class: Spartans - 7th Regiment - Music City - Raiders.

Then, (If they are willing at no pay, But allowed to set up Suvie/Recruiting Table) Corps Play PRE SHOW music on the field BEFORE show. Let's say Open gates at 5 pm. Have all Food, Suvie and Recruiting area Open for Early Birds to Eat, Drink, Buy things , and get to seats. Then at 6 pm to 6:45 have a Corps or two play music on the field (Park and Play.)

Maybe have: (DCA) Excelsior and Alum type Red Knights.

Then Sell, some back side fense ad's to Great Escape, the paper mills Lake George Chamber, the Outlet Malls,ETC for Extra money. (Put the poor me on them. Lets face it. If it works they all make money off people you bring to the area.

Kind of a take off of the "BIG" Bridgemen "TOC". A VERY WELL attended show that has something for Everyone. Only at this (ADK ) one, the 4 DCI Corps would be judged.

Just an Idea!!!!!

Edited by 2B or not 2B