Which will be the First "G-7" to Disown Hopkin's Letter?

You're wrong, Brasso. Nothing is obvious or clear about that slide.

You seem to read that slide as "the Open Class corps provide no services to DCI".

When I read that slide I saw "DCI provides no other services to Open Class corps".

Those are two radically different reads.

The ENTIRE PPT is like that. Vague, incomplete, poorly worded.

It raises far more questions than provides answers.

My reading was that it said ( word for word ) " these Corps provide no real service ". If you read it differently than I then that would result in our different interpretation of what the PP stated. I might suggest you go back and refresh your memory by rereading what service the G7 proposal believes these Corps provide in the activity and to DCI specifically.

Also, if a group puts together a " vague, incomplete, poorly worded, etc " set of proposals, what makes some people apparently think that this group has a handle on what it is doing now, what it wants to do in the future, or where it is going ? This seems like a very confused and conflicted group to me. DCI seems to be in more capable leadership hands now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

My reading was that it said ( word for word ) " these Corps provide no real service ". If you read it differently than I then that would result in our different interpretation of what the PP stated. I might suggest you go back and refresh your memory as to what service the G7 proposal believes these Corps provide in the activity and to DCI specifically.

• ï‚¡ Open Class Corps
  •  All other corps not listed in the AAA-AA-A class
  •  Under the guidance and care of the regional
  • association!
  •  They can add into a show and they can attend the
  • champs but there is no real service offered

Reviewed it and I think I'm right. Last bullet point nails it.

This slide also makes it clear that Open Class corps are not dissolved or folded or removed from existence. They are serviced by a "regional association". Seems to shoot a hole right through premise that the G7 wants all open class corps to fold.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

• ï‚¡ Open Class Corps
  •  All other corps not listed in the AAA-AA-A class
  •  Under the guidance and care of the regional
  • association!
  •  They can add into a show and they can attend the

This slide also makes it clear that Open Class corps are not dissolved or folded or removed from existence. They are serviced by a "regional association". Seems to shoot a hole right through premise that the G7 wants all open class corps to fold.

It ALSO stated in the proposal that ( word for word ) " these Corps provide no real service ".

When a small group of Corps proposes a set of rules that takes away current voting rights, proposes a cut off of fundamental services provided currently by DCI, and other draconian proposals, it clear to most people that the group wants these Corps to cease to exist. If I cut off your supplemental breathing tubes at your bed, you can assume that I want you to die, even if I could attempt to say later that you died of your own inability to breath in your own personal and essential oxygen. The G7 proposal called for the cessation of needed oxygen to these Corps... with the end result that they knowingly would " fold "... die. Don't take my word for it. Take the word of the other non G7 Corps word for it. They understood clearly what the PP said, and what it would mean to them, ergo the unprecedented emergency meeting for a recall vote and subsequent replacement of the G7 members on the BOD at the time.

Edited by BRASSO

• Open Class Corps
  • All other corps not listed in the AAA-AA-A class
  • Under the guidance and care of the regional
  • association!
  • They can add into a show and they can attend the

You are correct: the point SE7EN were making was not that that Open Class corps offer "no real service" to DCI, but that DCI should offer "no real service" to them. This point is repeated elsewhere in the presentation:

- - - - - - - - - -

11 Note on Assertion 4 .Open Class Corps. All other corps not listed in

the AAA-AA-A class.Under the guidance and care of the regional

association! They can add into a show and they can attend the champs

but there is no real service offered. This is a change – a clear change

and a clear decision to confine our efforts to a specific group of

organizations.

- - - - - - - - - -

I believe Open Class corps presently do get a small appearance fee and that the Power Point presentation argues that they should not -- do you agree with my interpretation?

• Like 1

It ALSO stated in the proposal that (word for word) "these Corps provide no real service".

I've got the presentation (at least as it was leaked to the web) saved as a word document and have searched unsuccessfully for that phrase, so I don't believe it appears "word for word" there.

... somehow on re-reading the 800+ post in the other G-7 thread...

Should we be organizing an intervention? Re-reading 800 posts in the G7 thread must be a cry for help!

Heh. You have no idea.

I've got the presentation (at least as it was leaked to the web) saved as a word document and have searched unsuccessfully for that phrase, so I don't believe it appears "word for word" there.

Despite Brasso insisting that it does.

QED .

Please go back and review what I'm trying to say in my posts in light of this little episode. Because this goes on constantly.

• Like 1

You are correct: the point SE7EN were making was not that that Open Class corps offer "no real service" to DCI, - - - - - - - - - -

I believe Open Class corps presently do get a small appearance fee and that the Power Point presentation argues that they should not -- do you agree with my interpretation?

Yes.

I do wish I could find the complete PP. But so far, have not found it.. yet.

That said if I have a co worker at my worksite and I see the boss recommending taking away his desk (or workbench) and phone, about to tell them they can go to the conference room for meetings but have no input, no vote on matters anymore like they used too, is going to cut their pay from what it is now, frankly and bluntly proposes to provide him " no more services anymore " at the Company etc. I think its a pretty good conclusion to make that the boss wants my co worker to disappear... to fold up his tent...... to go the H away... to cease to exist anymore at my company. Would you agree with this assessment as well ? Does this sound like thats the message these Open Class Corps were receiving ? They sure as heck interpreted the message this way from the G7 Powerpoint Presentation... and seems pretty certain to me anyway. Corpsband postyer here was asked if he believes that the G7 want the Open Class Corps to " fold " , ie to cease to exist. He responded above " No". We simply disagree on this, thats all. My read on the G7 Powerpoint Presentation is that the G7 , if they had the proposal adopted as proposed, would lead to nothing less than the quick and immediate " folding " of most these Corps, except perhaps the G7 " B ", " C " units afiliated with BD and SCV.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes.

I do wish I could find the complete PP. But so far, have not found it.. yet.

That said if I have a co worker at my worksite and I see the boss recommending taking away his desk (or workbench) and phone, about to tell them they can go to the conference room for meetings but have no input, no vote on matters anymore like they used too, is going to cut their pay from what it is now, frankly and bluntly calls to provide him " no more services anymore " at the Company etc. I think its a pretty good conclusion to make that the boss wants my co worker to disappear... to fold up his tent... to move on...... to go the H away... to cease to exist anymore at my company. Would you agree with this assessment as well ? Does this sound like thats the message these Open Class Corps were receiving ? They sure as heck interpreted the message this way from the G7 Powerpoint Presentation... and seems pretty certain to me anyway.

So...

forget that you were completely misquoting what the ppt actually said -- just flat out ignore it

make up some analogy that has no basis in anything at all except what you remember from other DCP posts

then be pretty certain that's what it REALLY says

oooookkkk.

You go Brasso.

• Like 1

So...

forget that you were completely misquoting what the ppt actually said -- just flat out ignore it

make up some analogy that has no basis in anything at all except what you remember from other DCP posts

then be pretty certain that's what it REALLY says

oooookkkk.

You go Brasso.

Look, I'm not going to get lost in the weeds here on this. You said above you believe the G7 Corps do not want any Corps to fold. We simply disagree on this thats all. I interpreted the G7 PP as the cessation of support to these Corps, thus leading to no other possible outcome but their demise. The G7 clearly observed these Corps as a drag on DCI and providing little to no service to DCI. Without any service support from DCI... which the G7 proposal proposed, these Corps quickly fold, imo. Thats the central point here without getting lost in the weeds, as I said. But more importantly, thats exactly how these Corps saw it too. It was viewed as a direct threat to their very existence, and thats why they immediately called for an emergency meeting to recall some of the G7 that sat on the BOD at the time. You believe the G7 doesn't want any Corps to fold. Fine, no problem. I interpreted the G7 PP as putting in place a proposal that would result in that very eventuality. You disagree. Fine, no problem. Now I think we've about beaten this to death now and time to move on to other things. I'm done on it anyway.

Edited by BRASSO