Which will be the First "G-7" to Disown Hopkin's Letter?

Many posters here just repeat what they've read on DCP and then mis-state it some more. [/size]

I suppose taking the broad brush approach to dealing with opinions with which you don't agree saves time. The tactic of discrediting those you disagree with so you don't have to engage in a debate is getting to be quite popular with today's politicians. Perhaps that's where you got it from. Maybe you don't even realize you're doing it.

I disagree with you. I consider many of the posters on DCP to be passionate, eloquent, and they often present us with well thought-out discussions that make me think and sometimes even change my mind on a topic. Far from mindless repeaters and mis-staters of what the read on DCP. So, much as you would like to marginalize and dismiss those whose views differ from yours, I can't let your comment pass without challenging it.

• Like 1

And it is more than clear who (hint it has a 7 in it) has created then driven the current DCI model which is not financially sustainable. Who wanted all national tour all summer thereby increasing costs? The 7; Who wanted to increase the corps size to 150 thereby increasing costs? The 7; Who wanted the electronics and amplification thereby driving up the costs? The 7; need I go on and on and on concerning which 7 have created the competitive expenditure problems within DCI?

All this stuff was voted on by the full membership right?

And the full membership approved it, right?

So it follows that the full membership is to blame, right?

Oh.

doh.gif

Show me where I have ever called Hopkins or Gibbs either Evil or Hitler; you cannot!!! However, what I have posted, and commented on, concerning their selfishness has been directly quoted from their own presentations and philosophical bents. Do you really believe that they really care, I mean really care, about Spirit or Madison Scouts let alone Les Stentors or Racine Scouts?

Nor did I attribute the statement to you. Nevertheless it's been made.

And all you've quoted has been from the PPT (about which I've posted much commentary to which you've studiously avoided replying to).

Do I believe they want to see any of those corps fold? No I don't.

If the Spirit's food truck broke down, would any of those guys hesitate to step in and feed their kids? No they wouldn't.

Do I think that every corps director puts the interest of their corps first when voting? Yes.

Edited by corpsband

Show me where I have ever called Hopkins or Gibbs either Evil or Hitler; you cannot!!! However, what I have posted, and commented on, concerning their selfishness has been directly quoted from their own presentations and philosophical bents. Do you really believe that they really care, I mean really care, about Spirit or Madison Scouts let alone Les Stentors or Racine Scouts?

Well, I recall this from a few years ago...

Cadets

I suppose taking the broad brush approach to dealing with opinions with which you don't agree saves time. The tactic of discrediting those you disagree with so you don't have to engage in a debate is getting to be quite popular with today's politicians. Perhaps that's where you got it from. Maybe you don't even realize you're doing it.

What do you think of someone who posts discrediting comments like these....

IMO George and Dave and the little 5, who are apparently too timid to let their voices be heard publicly, should Stay, or they should Go. Just make a decision already. Stop holding the activity hostage. At this point, you've made me so mad I don't care if you leave. You've lost my respect with your immature and selfish attitudes. Grow up.

I recall in one of his long-ago wearisomely verbose drivels how he wrote that he "longs to hear the sea".

1. Inelegant take over attempt of the DCI BOD by the G7 in 2010, which ended in all the G7 children taking their balls and bats and going home, resigning from the board.

2. Simmer 3 years. DCI board members, let's call them the "adults" in this scenario, actually take the extraordinary action of allowing the G7 children 6 of their very own private contests in 2013.

3. Another take over attempt today by the children, who now identify themselves as the "7", laughingly disguised as a noble gesture to have a "do over" and return to the concept of the top 12 being the BOD members.

Cadets

Well obviously Hopkins was sick that day....

Where was his name on this letter?

Well said, d-ray. Hop is a convenient target/whipping boy, everyone's favorite punch line. But anyone who thinks those other 6 directors are passively allowing themselves to be manipulated by George is living in a fantasy world of their own making. Weren't the names of seven corps affixed to the bottom of the letter?

Peace,

Fred O.

Cadets

That article was written in 2007. Any and all perceived 'altruism' went right out the window in 2010:

> "Open Class Corps... They can add into a show and they can attend the champs, but there is no real service offered".

• Like 3

That article was written in 2007. Any and all perceived 'altruism' went right out the window in 2010:

> "Open Class Corps... They can add into a show and they can attend the champs, but there is no real service offered".

That lousy ppt was a rough draft work-in-process, not a final presentation. No argument from me that it was a poorly put together document in the state it was when it was stolen and leaked. IMO it would never have been used as it was when posted here.

• Like 1

That lousy ppt was a rough draft work-in-process, not a final presentation. No argument from me that it was a poorly put together document in the state it was when it was stolen and leaked. IMO it would never have been used as it was when posted here.

But he has said these very words to a couple of OC directors and at least 1 WC corps director.

So I believe this is his true feelings, NOT a rough draft.