Wallis, Kenton

kentw

To whom it may concern,

First of all, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a 4th year age-out with the Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps from Denver, CO. I played trumpet my first two seasons, mellophone last season, and will be a drum major for this upcoming season. I graduated in 2010 with honors from Centennial High School in Frisco, Texas and currently attend the University of Houston for music education with a focus on trumpet. Upon graduation, I plan to teach high school band in the Dallas or Houston metro areas.

The Blue Knights has been a huge part of my life and has completely shaped the young man that I am today. The lessons I've learned and the people I've met are things that I'll always remember. Marc (Sully) Sylvester taught me about making everything you do the best it's ever been done because when your name is on it, it had better be perfect. Brad Toth has shown me that actions and performance are nothing without integrity, accountability, heart, and passion. These are the people whom I have chosen to be in my corner. They are the ones who have given me the tools necessary to not only be a successful educator, but also as a decent human being. I've learned about who I am and pushed myself farther than I ever thought possible because of the commitment to quality education that The Blue Knights have made to all its members. There is nothing that can ever take that away.

Drum corps doesn't come without a price, however. As we all know, it is much more expensive to march now than it ever has been in the past. With rising school and living costs, it is becoming increasingly difficult for many people to march - myself included. For this very reason, every little donation counts. Whether it’s $10 or $100, what you give helps.

I chose music education because of the enormous and extremely positive impact music has had on my life. I want to make sure I can do the same for others. As I go into my fourth and final season serving the corps I love as drum major, there are still many skills to be learned about responsibility, perseverance through circumstance, and selflessness. I ask that you help support me this summer so I can learn these irreplaceable lessons that will guide me into my adult years. With your help, I will have the skills necessary to pass on this passion for performance and dedication to education to future generations.

To sponsor, simply call Blue Knights Office Manager Rosalie Danskin at (303)–777–1937, Tuesday – Friday, between the hours of 9am and 5pm MST and request to sponsor Kenton Wallis.

Thank you for your support and consideration,

Kenton Wallis

kent.wallis@yahoo.com

(214)–789–9969