Matt Wood - Baritone

Matt Wood

Hello DCP,

My name is Matthew Wood, I'm 17 years old, and I'm a 3 year member of the Winston Churchill HS Band in San Antonio, Texas.

I have major love for Drum Corps, it saved me my freshmen year. I was in a situation where I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue my music career. I was in the bottom band, and it seemed as if I had nothing that was pushing me to get better. I was probably days away from quitting, when I mentioned it to a friend of mine that I was considering it, he told me to look up "The Cavaliers 2004 - 007" on YouTube. I became intrigued in the art of Drum Corps, and I decided that I wanted to out on that field more than anything.

I had never wanted to do anything so badly in my life before, but I had just one problem, I played Clarinet.

I continued another year playing Clarinet, and at the end of my Sophomore year (June 1st, 2012), I borrowed a marching Baritone from the school, and started to teach myself how to play.

I continued to work hard, as I got a step closer to my dream, day after day. I've spend countless hours practicing fundamentals, lip slurs, and long tones, knowing that would help me become a better player; and it payed off.

On December 1st, 2012, a mere 6 months after I had started playing, I attended my first Drum Corps audition in Austin, Texas, for the Casper Troopers, and was asked to return to their Janurary Camp on the 11th-13th in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

I am proud to announce that I have been contracted with the Casper Troopers for the 2013 season!

This year is the 55th Anniversary of the Troopers, and I'm so proud that I can be a part of the history!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our financial obligations this year is a total of $2550.00, I have been working all summer to help cover the costs, but I am still in need of financial help.

Any donation is greatly appreciated, it all adds up; $5 is a step closer to helping me fulfill my dream of being out there on the field this year!

There are 2 ways you can donate:

You can donate directly to me by clicking here

OR

If you would like your donation to be tax deductible, you can print out the Troopers Information Letter and the Donation sheet, and follow the instructions given.

You can download the Troopers Sponsorship Information Letter Here

You can download the Troopers Sponsorship Donation Sheet Here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to E-mail me, I would be glad to help you to the best of my ability.

Thanks,

-Matthew "Matt" Wood