Blue Stars 2013

Someone asked about the storyline for the blue stars show. It's basically about a young woman who is jilted by her lover. She spirals into the world of black magic and voodoo to get her revenge. There is much more to it than that, but that is a good five second synopsis. The rest is fun to figure out on your own.

Someone asked about the storyline for the blue stars show. It's basically about a young woman who is jilted by her lover. She spirals into the world of black magic and voodoo to get her revenge. There is much more to it than that, but that is a good five second synopsis. The rest is fun to figure out on your own.

" Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

nor hell a fury like a woman scorned "

( from William Congreve's ' The Mourning Bride', 1697 )

Although most of the staff is gone from 2010, this show seems to have a overall feeling close to 2010... which is good!

Good to hear.

Good to hear.

OUTSTANDING!!Houdini is still one of my favorite shows....They blew me away with their powerful sound..

• 3 weeks later...

There seem to be some questions about the Blue Stars' show. The theme is rather simple. In the beginning a boy is with one girl at a dance. He quickly turns his attention to another girl. The first girl is angry and searches for ways to get revenge. She goes into the swamp looking for the voodoo queen. She begins to delve into to the black arts and black magic and finally voodoo. The color guard boys are black voodoo dolls ("I put a spell on you," which is actually a song that Screaming Jay Hawkins wrote about voodoo) and the girl sticks her pin into one of them, eventually exacting her revenge in the end. There are numerous other details including voodoo symbols throughout the show, in drill design and colorguard. I hope this will add to your enjoyment of the show.

Seeing Houdini live in 2010 is what really got me hooked on drum corps, hoping they match that intensity. They're off to a good start based on that vid! :thumbup:/>

Gawd, yes, that was an incredible show. The battery in particular is sooo much fun to watch. And the guard work is incredible. And the brass sounds awesome, and the drill... definitely one of my top favorite shows of all time.

• Like 1