OK; spill the beans

Who have you seen and who do you like? Spill the beans. No details just who to look out for. Pride is already scoring an 80.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Loving Alter Ego, Emanon and Somerville so far!

Alter Ego is a huge favorite of mine, personally! This will be the only place I can share an opinion because once I start writing my reviews for WGI I cannot show any favortism.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts

I've only seen Diamante and Cypress Ind. via tstsnbn. Liked Diamante, they look better than last year...finals? who knows, it's harder these days. Cypress Ind. didn't have a finished show from that vid so can't really comment.

I've only seen Diamante and Cypress Ind. via tstsnbn. Liked Diamante, they look better than last year...finals? who knows, it's harder these days. Cypress Ind. didn't have a finished show from that vid so can't really comment.

Yeah, I think Diamante looks a lot better this year. The show is a little toss at times, but at least they are catching them. From what I hear its their take on Romeo and Juliet.

I didnt really care for Cypress, maybe its the music or.. who knows. It just missing something

I have seen USF, they have some great moments, but a snooze of a song.

Orlando Visual is much smaller this year and seem to have lost a lot of talent. Their opening movement is great, second half was a bit ruff, but its still early and they will have plenty of time to clean up and get those tricks.

My fav so far has been Nease SW. Great show! Kind of reminds me of a young NEI.

How are Pride, Alter Ego and Onyx? any details on their shows? I know what their shows are entitled, and I know people like them, but do not know what the show is about or what they are doing?

Edited by thedova

I've only seen them on youtube...but I have seen Onyx and Blessed Sac.

Really not sure about either show right now...although to be honest its hard to tell from a Janaury video at a first show!

Still, not a huge fan of the "everyone does their own thing for the whole show" approach of programming that seems to popular now.

I'm sure they'll work it out though!

Later,

Mikr

Edited by Guardguy89
  • Like 1

I've only seen them on youtube...but I have seen Onyx and Blessed Sac.

Really not sure about either show right now...although to be honest its hard to tell from a Janaury video at a first show!

Still, not a huge fan of the "everyone does their own thing for the whole show" approach of programming that seems to popular now.

I'm sure they'll work it out though!

Later,

Mikr

Couldn't find them on the tube, maybe I'm searching wrong. Could wait a week or so but I'm just too dang impatient this time of year.

Onyx looks like a continuation from the past 3 years...actually, that's what Lenz said. I prefer 00-02 guards with lots of unison work. Just not that impressed with a show filled with solos.

Couldn't find them on the tube, maybe I'm searching wrong. Could wait a week or so but I'm just too dang impatient this time of year.

Onyx looks like a continuation from the past 3 years...actually, that's what Lenz said. I prefer 00-02 guards with lots of unison work. Just not that impressed with a show filled with solos.

They've had them taken down. So far I'm not seeing alot of unison in World class this year. I know that programming a show with 32 individaul shows that interact seamlessly is extremely difficult to program effectively, and I absolutely loved Onyx last year (World and Open). I just don't want to see everyone doing this now because that's what's winning.

I can't wait to see Pride because they never follow a trend and program very intuitively - which I love!

Later,

Mike