OK; spill the beans

I have to throw some love to Klein Collins HS who just won SA in Texas. I LOVE that show!!! It's refreshing, breaks the 'formula' of starting each show with a minute of movement, evokes a nice change in color palette, and utilizes music that is newfangled, energizing, and pleasing to the hear. Not to mention the kids are crazy talented and clearly supported by a creative and forward-thinking staff. Being in the Midwest, I had never heard of them before, but they are on my radar now! I REALLY wish they were going to Dayton, but you can see them here:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Love First Flight again this year with their Cloud Atlas themed show! Funny how the show I play over and over again from last year placed 13th...

Southeast Ind. in IA is looking good, never heard of them until now.

• Like 1

Love First Flight again this year with their Cloud Atlas themed show! Funny how the show I play over and over again from last year placed 13th...

Southeast Ind. in IA is looking good, never heard of them until now.

i LOVE First Flight! They are my favorite this season!

Just watched Minooka Community HS (Scholastic A) at the St louis Regional - wow - what a great show!!!!!!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

I've watched a few guards on fn tonight. Thanks for the heads up/recommendations on this thread; I truly appreciate it. Interplay was delightful, like spearmint, fresh : )

• Like 1

So I was lucky enough to be able to watch a video of Mayflower!!!!!

They will be another solid contender this year at WGI. Very intricate weapon work and a gorgeous flag book (as usual!). The performers seem very strong - so it will be exciting to see where they end up once they enter the mix!

Later,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

So I was lucky enough to be able to watch a video of Mayflower!!!!!

They will be another solid contender this year at WGI. Very intricate weapon work and a gorgeous flag book (as usual!). The performers seem very strong - so it will be exciting to see where they end up once they enter the mix!

Later,

Mike

Do share! Would love to see some Shapiro twirls.

I haven't seen much this year due to backlog at work, however, these are the groups I enjoy.

Onyx: I do find the complete lack of unison work as arbitrary a constraint as "we have to have a flag feature" and other such rules, but I have to hand it to Lentz for once again designing an amazing show that holds my attention from start to finish.

Cypress: Their movement is once again gorgeous; they seem to pushing be themselves in terms of design as well.

Blackwatch: just a good ole fashioned color guard show, but so entertaining.

Tarpon Springs High School: it is a shame these kids are not attending champs, incredible equipment and lovely staging. The voice overs are overkill on a plot that was already easily understandable from the visuals, but a minor criticism.

Anyway I haven't seen much at all this season, but these shows have stood out to me.