OK; spill the beans

I wish O2 would stop with the dresses already!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm really liking Zydeco's shows (Both World and A). There is something really creepy / cool about Zydeco's World show. Anyone have any info on the exact theme?

Later,

Mike

Favorite groups so far this year -

Greenwood High School (IN)

Arcadia High School world (CA)

Santaluces High School (FL)

James Logan High School world (CA)

Jamestown High School (NY)

Liverpool High School (NY)

Black Watch (NJ)

Victor High School (NY)

Interplay 'Open' (MI)

Black Watch (NJ)

Victor High School (NY)

Interplay 'Open' (MI)

I dont know how anyone could like Logan.. What is that show about, why are all the flags different!? Looks like they spilled bleach on half of them! I'm real confused. Love Arcadia!

Black Watch (NJ)

Victor High School (NY)

Interplay 'Open' (MI)

hey Will - did you get to see any of the CA guards live yet - now that you're a Californian ;0)

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

While I am a big fan of Onyx and Pride, I just can't get it into this year. I am a much bigger fan of Cypress Ind and Blackwatch than the shows which will medal this year. I understand why the top guards will finish where they will, but I have been much more entertained by the latter two programs so far. Blackwatch live is just pure entertainment and very unique for the time. And is it bad that I enjoy O2 more than Onyx this year? Again I recognize how great Onyx is and I can't ever imagine trying to put something like that together, I guess I just don't enjoy where the envelope is being pushed to and at this point would rather watch the middle of World over the top clump of guards that are pushing to change the activity. I've started to feel like this over the last few years.

And yes, I know that I sound like one of those older drum corps guys that long for the days of G bugles and little to no dance.....but I swear I'm not! :ph34r:

• Like 1

While I am a big fan of Onyx and Pride, I just can't get it into this year. I am a much bigger fan of Cypress Ind and Blackwatch than the shows which will medal this year. I understand why the top guards will finish where they will, but I have been much more entertained by the latter two programs so far. Blackwatch live is just pure entertainment and very unique for the time. And is it bad that I enjoy O2 more than Onyx this year? Again I recognize how great Onyx is and I can't ever imagine trying to put something like that together, I guess I just don't enjoy where the envelope is being pushed to and at this point would rather watch the middle of World over the top clump of guards that are pushing to change the activity. I've started to feel like this over the last few years.

And yes, I know that I sound like one of those older drum corps guys that long for the days of G bugles and little to no dance.....but I swear I'm not! :ph34r:/>

I agree, those two are my favorites. The shows are hard to connect to, the music selections are just awful! I miss when groups were more like Blackwatch this year and less experimental, bc unfortunately everyone seems to be trying to follow the trend!!

• Like 1

I dont know how anyone could like Logan.. What is that show about, why are all the flags different!? Looks like they spilled bleach on half of them! I'm real confused. Love Arcadia!

James Logan is good - very talented kids. Maybe the show isn't you cup of tea, but I like it a lot and think they are very good. The show was early in their season so they were dirty; the flags look amazing and the different colors all blend really well with one another. I wish they were coming to Dayton this year.

Arcadia could win - the show is definitely good enough. Up to the kiddos to really pull it off and make it flawless. They are incredible!!!