Those who marched...

Wow. I didn't know Aretha Franklin played/marched tuba. That deserves some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

(It had to be done)

• Like 7

Wow. I didn't know Aretha Franklin played/marched tuba. That deserves some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

(It had to be done)

I agree, and you are now one of my heroes. (I'm seriously impressed.)

• Like 2

Somehow, I knew before I saw this list that Alan Greenspan played the Clarinet. He just looks like a Clarinet player.

I imagined him more of an oboist...or even a bassoonist. Clarinet just doesn't seem like something a Chicago School monetarist would really dig.

By the way, back when I lived in Illinois, I used to perform every Friday in a small Renaissance/Baroque music ensemble of six people with the daughter of Milton Friedman, the Nobel laureate father of the Chicago School of Economics. I'll let you know when and if I figure out what that has to do with this conversation.

• Like 1

I imagined him more of an oboist...or even a bassoonist. Clarinet just doesn't seem like something a Chicago School monetarist would really dig.

By the way, back when I lived in Illinois, I used to perform every Friday in a small Renaissance/Baroque music ensemble of six people with the daughter of Milton Friedman, the Nobel laureate father of the Chicago School of Economics. I'll let you know when and if I figure out what that has to do with this conversation.

It's ok. We're talking about band and music here, so it fits.

• Like 1

Somehow, I knew before I saw this list that Alan Greenspan played the Clarinet. He just looks like a Clarinet player.

Its possible. Although I always pictured Alan Greenspan as possibly being a accomplished Bagpiper. He seemed to me to have an enormous and uncanny capacity to emit lots and lots of voluminous hot air in the rapid frequency required of this musical instrument.

• Like 1