OMG - Adding this dimension to CG would be AWESOME!

Yes or No?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be a welcome addition?

• Yes
    • No

Glassmen had a kite at the end of their shows for a couple years in the early 90s

Bluecoats 1991 had large white sheet flags at the end of their show

phantom 1994 I think used large kite like flags

and suncoast used birds on a stick during their florida suite show in 1989

Pride of Cincinnati also did this at WGI in the early '90's.

I figure it would be way too hard to ever get clean (kinda like using umbrellas in guard - uncleanable!!!)

Later,

Mike

Maybe this is a stepping stone to radio controlled devices perhaps?

Now that's electronics. If they could figure out a way to eliminate that awful buzzing noise.

A show like The Aviator, or Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines?

Edited by gsksun4

I could see this as a 1 off effect for 1 show but as a trend? Not to my tastes

I didn’t think it was all that impressive (and that dude was not very musical with it)

Tastes are certainly subjective. I was thoroughly enamored with and mesmerized by BD's show this past season. Lots of others weren't, because they have different tastes. And that's cool, because there's something in drum corps for everyone.

I do know that if I tried being musical with a kite, I'd have people calling the police on me for violating community standards.

I used to live near a beach where kites were flown all the time, and thy are fascinating to watch and very colorful. The people who maneuver them are also talented and the one upmanship between the kite flyers (for lack of a better name) makes the potential of the competitive aspect rather interesting. People are correct in saying the unpredictability of wind could be a problem, though there are mechanical kites that would probably be more predictable however they are also noisy due to the motors. Even the non-mechanical kites also make a swooshing noise that could probably impede the musical program.

Would they be impressive Yes. Would they work? I'm not sure but I do agree, they would be interesting.