Pioneer

Next thing you know the 'Coats will post a pic showing that, in fact, they used to be called the Blue Coats.

Then Mike Boo will be on suicide watch.

Well they never were Blue Coats, however there is a picture floating around of a billboard in canton from back in the 70's that has a space between the e and c but all letters are capitalized so it could just be a typesetting error and not a two words thing.

hey - there's a new style that Pioneer could adopt instead of the Irish thing. Something new in DCI

• Like 2

hey - there's a new style that Pioneer could adopt instead of the Irish thing. Something new in DCI

I'm down! :smile:

• Like 1

Perhaps start with a hybrid of the two styles, just to work into the new identity. Start with an opener of a medley of "Garry Owen March" and "Let Your Yeah Be Yeah."

A friendly reminder: the corps is Pioneer. Just Pioneer, like in the title of this topic. People can be sensitive about using corps' names properly.

As for what's up with the corps, I know they announced their show. Beyond that, I don't know anything, but you can find a fair amount of information, including a MIDI of their opener for next season, at their website here: http://www.pioneer-corps.org/

Thanks!

Edited by En929

I will get in before the close on this one...

Pioneer is still looking for members to round out many of the sections within the corps. There has been strong interest from individuals throughout the country, but we're still working to convert that "interest" into marching members. A lot of people are excited by our 2013 production, and the positive feedback has been rolling in. A majority of our staff is returning from 2012 and we look to build on things from there.

If you are interested, or know of anyone that might be interested in marching the 2013 season:

Request Information about 2013

Our next camp:

March 8th - 10th

Cudahy, Wisconsin

March Camp Information

Thank you, this is the exact information I was looking for. I'll put the word out in case there are students that want to march there this summer. I'll show a few past clips of the corps to some to try to generate interest! Sounds like a great opportunity!

Edited by En929

Perhaps start with a hybrid of the two styles, just to work into the new identity. Start with an opener of a medley of "Garry Owen March" and "Let Your Yeah Be Yeah."

...or..."Danny Boy: the Buffalo Soldier" :babies:

• Like 4