Patter for drum covers

dmacp

Hey everyone....

I know you can get manufacturer branded covers for drums, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience making your own, or if you had patterns. Budget's are tight, and I think I can find a volunteer to make something if I had some basis for comparison.

Plus I am using a brand that doesn't offer the covers and would hate to show case covers for a brand we aren't playing. Not that opposed, just the OCD part of me.

Don't bother with patterns. As an inexperienced sewer I was able to make covers easily. Turn this project over to a volunteer with experience and they can make something up.

Basics: measure width of drum, hem to fit width, overlap edges a few inches and add velcro, simple cut outs for strainers, parts etc. For tenors you just need to come up with something simple to attach the cover to the outside drum. The key to covers is the make them simple to use and make them look cool so the line looks good in practice. I made my bass covers two inches wider than the drum and added a drawstring so the edge was covered, I used quilted fabric. In another line we used neoprene and put a seem so it stretched over the drums, no velcro needed.

Thanks, probably will just give it a whirl.