THE HAWTHORNE MUCHACHOS: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

Double post.

OMG...I'm fallible! Run for the exits! Save yourselves!

So you won't be the next Pope, then.

• Like 2

I still wonder about the murder conviction of 'the boss' - can anyone envision a corps today with a convicted felon, let alone a murderer, run a youth organization / corps? Granted, he had paid his debt to society (hence his release), but, as I said before - Golly.

This just proves how shady the drum corps activity really is. Granted, much less now than it used to be. But when I think back to the days of drum corps staff members sharing joints with corps members, much less hiring a murderer to run a drum corps, I find myself shocked that there are not more staff members (former or otherwise) doing time in prison. For the record, I had a staff member threaten my life on two occasions. Granted, I don't think they really would have done it. But hindsight 20/20, I can't help but wonder just what that would cost a caption head these days. If 60 minutes only knew...

No problem.. I rectified your mistake by giving you a " green " before reading what came after that ( haha )

And people wonder why we can't have world peace. :thumbup:

hmmn... I hear you, but I don't know about that. First off, DCI disqualified the Muchachos based upon the inability of the marcher to produce a verifiable birth certificate, not the lack of a photo. While lack of the production of a birth certificate might not neccessarily preclude one from becoming a future President, it is sufficient enough to disbar a Corps from marching in DCI and to be officially noted as disqualified in the record books. The Muchachos were disqualified, not becuse of " the photo " but because when DCI was informed, they were not interested in a " photo " of him, they just needed his NAME for them to request his simple birth certificate upon their request to determine his eligibility to march or ineligility. Thus, its not very plausable to suggest that the Cavs needed a photo to trigger the inquest by DCI, as his name provided to DCI alone could have triggered the simple request for the Muchachos to produce his birth certificate.

Here is what I remember being told back in 1975. With the info of the name, DCI was able to apply to receive a copy of the authentic birth certificate, which is what they did. They had the real birth certificate on hand when the corps marched the World Championships Prelims. I remember hearing that with the birth certificate in hand, what they were asking for wasn't the marcher's birth certificate, but his driver's license. That's what someone on our management told us. I can't verify that's what really happened unless I call a few folks.

What Mike said.

My junior corps... Sacred Heart Crusaders from NJ... competed in the World Open class B Prelims in 1975. And it was most definitely NOT at the Manning Bowl.

We then watched the Class A Prelims. That show also was most definitely NOT at the Manning Bowl.

I marched at the Manning Bowl for the World Open in 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1976... and then with the Sunrisers all-age corps at least one year, at the Boston Cup show. (1980... and I believe the show was also held there in 1981.)

I know what the freakin' Manning Bowl looked like. And the stadium I marched in at the World Open in 1975 was not the Manning Bowl.

Enough of you, Brasso. Go back to the Tour of Champions thread. :tongue:/>

What if you were doing heavy drugs in 1975? Have you considered that? :tongue:

This just proves how shady the drum corps activity really is. Granted, much less now than it used to be.

This is certainly debatable it would seem to me. I don't ever recall in the past a series of scheming secret meetings behind closed doors by a few that plotted against their fellow collegues, then used attempted extortion and threats upon the others in a quest to pretty much take over the operation of DCI. That was pretty disgusting, " shady " and totally unprecedented if you ask me. It wasn't even done in an open and collegial manner. Far from it as a matter of fact.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

<br /> You got this from Corpsrep. They've been wrong so many times on Corps, scores, dates, stuff, we can't count them all.<br /><br /> Source for 1974 Prelims and Finals of World Open both in Lynn as well this year too  ( although, they've made mistakes too on occasion.. just less than Corpsreps, just sayin'<br /><br /> <a href='http://www.fromthepressbox.com/1974seasonscores.htm' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.fromthepr...easonscores.htm</a><br />

Hi, sorry, my info did not come from corpsreps, or any other website, it came right from the World Open albums/programs and drum corps publications.

You can find the info about World Open Everett 75 on the back cover of the 1975 World Open LP's/Vinyl written by H. Worth Ake where he writes, quote, "An over 10,000 audience filled Everett Mass. Memorial Stadium to watch 7 DCI and 5 other outstanding corps compete under ideal condition for the first of the National titles this season"

If you do not have these albums the info on the back of the LP was taken from his Drum Corps News article of the same from the 8/20/1975 DCN Vol XV No. 13.

The World Open program itself(74 and 75)thanks the fans for their, quote,"wonderful cooperation in our time of need and for your unfailing understanding and good-natured acceptance of the inconvenience caused to you by our emergency move from our home of many years in Manning Bowl, Lynn. We apologize for this inconvenience and regret that it was necessary."

Not sure how/why you would take info from one website(pressbox)as right but not another(corpsreps)as I have found both have about the very same amount of inaccuracies as the other, I myself will take the info from the actual World Open records/programs and Drum Corps News that I quoted from as correct over either site you mentioned.

Edited by KeyzerSozee
  • Like 4