"Tour of Champions" 2013

Which is another way of stating that 'you' have no clue!

Stu. I've been back in the US now for almost 2 weeks. During this time I've had a total of about 50 hours of face-to-face meetings with various corps directors, admin staff, creative staff, etc. from several drum corps across the entire geographic (9 flights in 2 weeks) and competitive spectrum. In fact, just got back from dinner with one of my favorite drill writers of all time.

Anyway, I have decided to get a bit more involved and do keep informed. It is not my place to discuss or distribute a number of details not made public, but I will speak up when people here are very far off track and get riled up about what are inaccurate assumptions.

Stu. I've been back in the US now for almost 2 weeks. During this time I've had a total of about 50 hours of face-to-face meetings with various corps directors, admin staff, creative staff, etc. from several drum corps across the entire geographic (9 flights in 2 weeks) and competitive spectrum. In fact, just got back from dinner with one of my favorite drill writers of all time.

Anyway, I have decided to get a bit more involved and do keep informed. It is not my place to discuss or distribute a number of details not made public, but I will speak up when people here are very far off track and get riled up about what are inaccurate assumptions.

But even speaking up by stating things are inaccurate is in a way still betraying that trust. The only way for you to maintain a philosophy that it is not your place to 'discuss' things is to, well, not to discuss things.

• Like 1

I don't get all the secrecy anyway. We are talking about non-profit performing arts here. What is so god #### important about keeping secrets. Just let everyone know, then you don't have to worry about tin foil hat theories and such. Just give us info, so we don't have to make it up.

And Daniel.. just so you know, I'm not saying you are the one responsible for giving out info. The people with the info originally should be giving it out.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 1

Monday, Aug. 5 – Buffalo, NY

Tour of Champions – Eastern New York (Drums Along the Waterfront)

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=cc607020-a248-4b5f-adf0-2b2ebb1a1670#ixzz2LVQTHiJa

Has DCI moved Buffalo to "Eastern" New York? Last time I was there it was in the western part of the state.

so have you purchased DCI yet?

• Like 2

Who ARE you??

Anyway, I have decided to get a bit more involved and do keep informed.

Good for you. There is an open BOD spot with DCI, if you are interested.

It is not my place to discuss or distribute a number of details not made public, but I will speak up when people here are very far off track and get riled up about what are inaccurate assumptions.

Then I guess it was kind of disingenuous when you said "who really cares who owns what and how they do things".

I'm just wondering if the "add on" scoring system that is now in play be will accessible and interesting to fans.

maybe having this kind of scoring system could offer wildly different places every week if the judges are willing to consider their score as only part of the overall score.

And I guess this could offer excitement in placement depending on what the spread of the points are for each placement.

Looking at last year, the placement order was the same at every TOC show except for Cadets and PR. Cumulative scoring based on that would be no more interesting.