"Tour of Champions" 2013

Has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is simply a good faith compromise in effort to see what can be done to 'save the marriage'.

People on DCP read way too much into things and assume some grand conspiracy. It's just kid's marching band.

So you are confirming that this compromise does, in fact, have DCI producing the TOC shows this year? Does that mean that DCI is again taking the risk and will participate in the profits?

It's not a conspiracy in this case Dan; we we're told in their submission to the Janual about MiM and I think was you who suggested that MiM was nothing more than the shell org necessary for the 7 to negotiate contracts and secure vendors for "their" circuit of shows.

Although I agree that tin-foil hats grow well on DCP, your description of a "compromise" is a change from that prior understanding of what MiM was all about and intended.

Operated by hardworking, sometimes brilliant, sometimes amazingly petty and egotistical adults.

Mike

In this case, both those fully committed to DCI and the others with one foot fully planted in DCI, but the other foot out the door, have come to a decision to work within a framework that might allow both to stay and work toether. I personally wouldn't trust this 7 for anything at all. They abused that trust by working behind closed doors to run a coup attempt to selfishly take over DCI, or absent that coup takeover, to extort their demands on their other colleagues in DCI. That said, if DCI wants to trust this group to run a segment of shows on their own. and they are ok with it, then I see no reason to take issue with it. DCI did go along with this. I wouldn't have. But who knows, maybe there are those in DCI that believe yet again that they can trust this cabal. At the very least DCI should be given a chance to prove us wrong that this group is not as egotistical and selfish as they have previously shown themselves to be regarding their relationships and their dealings with their fellow collegaue member DCI corps. I'm willing to see how this all plays out over the next year or two. We should have resolution one way or the other on this internal split in quick due time, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is simply a good faith compromise in effort to see what can be done to 'save the marriage'.

People on DCP read way too much into things and assume some grand conspiracy. It's just kid's marching band.

Hey, you are the one contending that 7 corps with $1,000,000-plus annual budgets who have formed their own separate corporation called Music in Motion, Inc., specifically to run a series of events for themselves, to which each of the 7 corps have invested money up front, are now shelving the whole idea because they consider their relationship with some other corps to be like a "marriage". :blink:

Hey, you are the one contending that 7 corps with $1,000,000-plus annual budgets who have formed their own separate corporation called Music in Motion, Inc., specifically to run a series of events for themselves, to which each of the 7 corps have invested money up front, are now shelving the whole idea because they consider their relationship with some other corps to be like a "marriage". :blink:/>/>

Have you not become accustomed to the D-Ray's use of 'convenient philosophy' along with his banking on the idea that most who engage on DCP have short-term memory and will not research back to his previous postings? :tongue:

Edited by Stu

Good faith to save the marriage from who? The directors of the G7? har, har, har!!! If they could have made a go at it (MiM) without the DCI branding they would have been all over that in a heart beat!!!

• Like 1

I don't believe you can make this assumption based purely on the recent designation change. From this development, the only thing that changed was the "subtitle" of the shows. Instead of the shows being called "Drums Across Kansas", or "Music on the Move", or "Drums of Summer", or "Music in Motion", etc., etc. the subtitle is now called "Tour of Champions".

I understand the whole G7/MIM thing, but based on the show designation change alone, I don't see how you can make the conclusion that the DCI brand is what really matters.

This is not based on show designation alone; it is a conclusion drawn from a plethora of combined issues not least of which MiM is an actual Corporation which is ready to be self-sufficient yet it could not be effectively promoted except through the DCI website using DCI resources. Ergo, the brand DCI is the key!

• Like 1

Operated by hardworking, sometimes brilliant, sometimes amazingly petty and egotistical adults.

Mike

^^this^^

And I'll add, operating from a position just one step away from how a career politician would act warrants Reagan's position of "Trust but Verify".

Ok D-Ray, since you are fully versed on the matter; if it is a 'save the marriage compromise' what is the percentage revenue cut for DCI from the 2013 MiM, oops, ToC shows? 50%? 60%? 20%? The reason I ask is that when it was MiM 'all' revenue was going to the MiM Corporation and dispersed amongst the MiM corps and 0% revenue was going to DCI.

Edited by Stu

Ok D-Ray, since you are fully versed on the matter; if it is a 'save the marriage compromise' what is the percentage revenue cut for DCI from the 2013 MiM, oops, ToC shows? 50%? 60%? 20%? The reason I ask is that when it was MiM 'all' revenue was going to the MiM Corporation and dispersed amongst the MiM corps and 0% revenue was going to DCI.

What would DCI do with that percentage? Disburse it back to the corps? Which ones, the ones that earned it or the ones that weren't even there? Or does DCI use it for something else entirely?

What would DCI do with that percentage? Disburse it back to the corps? Which ones, the ones that earned it or the ones that weren't even there? Or does DCI use it for something else entirely?

Are you are under the belief that DCI, as a Corporation, has no 'operational' costs and exists in some sort of non-expenditure fairy-tail land?