1959 Holy Name/Garfield Cadets Drum Major

Gentlemen, this thread brings back far too many sad memories for many of us who knew and loved George and are still around. George was a great person, a great leader and a great Cadet. No one could have imagined this happening. As to what actually happened, only George and Mac know the answer to that question, and neither can say..............

I STRONGLY encourage the closing of this thread as any further discussions are pointless and will never provide any healing responses to those of us that still carry the loss of this fellow Cadet in our hearts.

Thank You............

...."for Holy Name Shall Always Be".

This is a fair and reasonable request and out of respect to those that were involved at the time, I concur that the moderators here should probably close this thread.

I agree and apologize for opening up old wounds.

+1

• 3 months later...

I just read an old article about the 1958-59 drum major, George Petrencak, being shot and killed by Asst. Director John McAuliffe (later to become director of Hawthone Muchachos after his release from prison).

Does anyone know the circumstances surrounding this event?

How sad that such a fine young man had to suffer. We will never know what really took place though.

Edited by trumpet778

• 4 years later...

I can see no good coming from this conversation.. Let's draw a line under this and move on shall we?

• Like 4