DCI Video Game

So, I love video games and think it would be awesome if there was going to be a DCI/Marching Band one. Is it possible?

So, I love video games and think it would be awesome if there was going to be a DCI/Marching Band one. Is it possible?

People would stop playing if the music was also played by a band or corps that wasn't their favorite.

I'm surprised there has been no mention of smartmusic? I think this practice tool is much like what's being talked about.

Here's an idea...

Drum corps arrangers sell their shows to smartmusic after the season is over and we can play our parts and see how close we can come.

smartmusic

I would definitely buy some DCI snare/quad/marimba parts for something like this. Who owns the arrangements- the corps, the arrangers, or both? If it could really bring in some money (and I think it could), and if SmartMusic would consider it, maybe they could be convinced.

I'm surprised there has been no mention of smartmusic? I think this practice tool is much like what's being talked about.

Here's an idea...

Drum corps arrangers sell their shows to smartmusic after the season is over and we can play our parts and see how close we can come.

smartmusic

Why doesn't smartmusic have a marching idiom library? This is a no-brainer for corps and arrangers.

How about playing a show (an actual recent historical show), putting the score up on the screen, and letting kids play along? Let me and my kid practice the snare parts to "Grass is Greener" while we watch the show (with the camera focused on the snare line). I guarantee that his confidence to try out will go up dramatically if he can learn to read the music while he builds his chops.

With the advent of drum cams, horn cams, pit cams, etc, coordinating all that video into one, seamless showing, overlay the score and let the kids have at it. A great practice and confidence-builder.