Open spots?

Don't give up, bari spots are the easiest to come by. Even if there aren't any spots open now, there usually are some later in the spring. Your friend might not get the corps they want, but if you're persistent you'll find a spot somewhere before tour starts.

I heard that Surf, Pio, Spartans, Academy, Cascades, SCVC, BDB, Raiders, and 7th Regiment are all looking for Bari/Euph spots.

Does anyone know if any corps are in need of a bari/euph? I'm trying to help out someone who has been working really hard to march, but because of some really bad luck beyond her control, she might not be able to march the corps she really wants.

I'm trying to find her a home this summer as this is her rookout year. Does anyone know where she could go?

It's February. As long as she's not a hopeless musician or incredibly out-of-shape, she can find a spot with a majority of corps, including finalist-level groups in World Class.

1) Make a list of corps she likes, regardless of class or competitiveness.

2) Send emails to each of those corps admins/section staff. State her situation and credentials. Mention that she's a rook-out. Ask about dues and payment plans/assistance.

3) ???

4) Profit

Seriously though, she has plenty of time. Just get her name out.

Edit: I thought it was March. Wishful thinking.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
  • Like 1

Oregon Crusaders has Baritone spots open. (Actually Baritone/Euphonium Hybrid) :)

www.oregoncrusaders.org

Around April/May spots will open in some hornlines especially in the baritone/euphonium department due to the physical demands. Most WC and almost all OC will have spots available. Just because you don't get a spot in your dream corps doesn't mean you shouldn't march. The experience is still amazing no matter the corps.

Edited by Phil_M
  • Like 1

3) ???

4) Profit

Where would we be without Southpark? It's crazy how any Southpark fan could ever go even one day without something that reminds you of Southpark!

Okay... back to drum corps!:smile:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

To the OP - yes, she will find a spot somewhere. I suggest that she prepares herself as though she's already in a corps. Get herself musically and physically ready. Take steps each day to work toward her goal. I'm sure that she'll have an incredible summer. Don't forget to post back with us regarding where she lands. Best wishes!

Edited by drumcorpsfever