Buckeyes D&B Corps

I am sure it was 1972 that we hooked up with the Buckeyes...they came to North Tonawanda for a show, we went to Cleveland. They also came to a show in Rochester. I guess they weren't happy with their score or placement and during retreat the corps did an about face and played going back to their bus. I also remember the bari soloist flipping the bird as he was leaving. We hooked up with them again right before the US Open that year and went to a show in Bellefontaine. I believe that show included Beverly Cardinals (I remember this because I heard "Get It On"). Also Marion Cadets, Mello Dears were there as well. Not sure of scores/placement but afterwards there was a party at a ski lodge I believe. Anyone recall this?

The following year in 1973 at least 4 of the Buckeyes joined the Scouts horn line.

I've never heard that story, but here are the results from that Rochester contest:

7-30-72 Rochester, NY

Squires--75.05

St. John's Girls--64.05

Tri-Town Cadets--59.85

Shoreliners (NY)--52.90

Buckeyes--51.55

Royal Coachmen--47.45

I think that the Buckeyes felt that they should have been above Tri-Town.

I am sure it was 1972 that we hooked up with the Buckeyes...they came to North Tonawanda for a show, we went to Cleveland. They also came to a show in Rochester. I guess they weren't happy with their score or placement and during retreat the corps did an about face and played going back to their bus. I also remember the bari soloist flipping the bird as he was leaving. We hooked up with them again right before the US Open that year and went to a show in Bellefontaine. I believe that show included Beverly Cardinals (I remember this because I heard "Get It On"). Also Marion Cadets, Mello Dears were there as well. Not sure of scores/placement but afterwards there was a party at a ski lodge I believe. Anyone recall this?

As someone who was in the Caballaros 1969-1982. The other Cleveland Corps who merged with The Buckeyes. I can state that this might have happened. I remember some baritone players who would have done something like that. No names. There is a Buckeyes facebook page to find out any more details. I'm not sure what to type in the search box. I joined so it just comes up along the side.

The following year in 1973 at least 4 of the Buckeyes joined the Scouts horn line.

I'm not sure of the Buckeyes but several Cabs went to the Scouts in 1974. Maybe the Cabs influx to Madison had something to do with Buckeyes. That's something to think about.