San Marino Academy

idel

I have always been a fan of San Marino's shows and all flag shows in general. I was wondering if anyone had any background story on them? Like were they a dance academy that had a winter guard? Anyone know who their designers were and if they have been associated with any other big programs?

Thanks!

From what I have been told they were not a dance company.....just a colorguard that was given really good dance instruction. The designer behind all of their shows was Thom Vindiola. He also designed shows for Diamond Bar and Arcadia in Scholastic World and works with Avon HS.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Does anyone know if Chippewa Valley HS from Michigan is still an all flag unit? I know they are coming back to Dayton this year and had made finals in Sch A in 2006 with an all flag show.

Quite honestly I'm surprised more groups haven't taken this approach.

San Marino Academy also had Alan Dekko working with them I believe.

They were a 'community' guard from the San Marino area and not connected to San Marino High School.

Does anyone know if Chippewa Valley HS from Michigan is still an all flag unit? I know they are coming back to Dayton this year and had made finals in Sch A in 2006 with an all flag show.

Gosh, I'm from Michigan and I don't know what CV is aiming for this year. I'm also a big fan of all-flag shows and loved their show back in '06, but I haven't caught them in the act this year, probably because I'm running around on logistics errands at shows. They weren't at the Indy regional but they are booked for the Cincinnati regional and SA prelims at WGI championships. They aren't booked at any MI shows that my groups are going to be at until Circuit Championships and I'll probably have my hands full in Cinci so you probably have a better chance of catching them live on Fan Network than I have of seeing them in person. Hope you enjoy their show.

Chippewa Valley started a weapon line in 2007 and, as far as I recall, have had one since. This year, they have rifles, but it's a predominantly flag show, and they only have one silk. They have a nice show this year and have a very good shot at medaling in MCGC.

Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing them!

I also enjoyed the O2 A class show from 2009 that was mostly all flag except for a small section with 2 rifles, Art 101 with a very similar lay out in that same year, and O3 this year. All Michael Lentz shows that were predominately flag with some rifle in the middle.

• 8 years later...