TOC/G7 Related Discussion

Even if one believes ratings are mostly irrelevant, they can also be illustrative.

Illustrative of what, "Nana, Nana, Boo, Boo, I Red Tag You"? These green/red things are only illustrative of a type of middle school popularity contest and only relevant in that context; many times a great and wonderfully thought out post receives red negatives, and ramblings with no supportive basis whatsoever gets greened. Sort of reminds me of the way Sally Field accepted her Oscar with the statement, "You Like Me, You Really Like Me!". That is why I do not engage in the game, and I actually make fun of it in my tag line.

• Like 2

I like the scissors. Drum corps needs more scissors.

DRUM CORPS CAN'T HANDLE SCISSORS!!!

DRUM CORPS CAN'T HANDLE SCISSORS!!!

I exclaimed the very same thing years ago at boot camp in Ft. Dix, NJ.

" THE ARMY CAN'T HANDLE SCISSORS!! "

Illustrative of what, "Nana, Nana, Boo, Boo, I Red Tag You"? These green/red things are only illustrative of a type of middle school popularity contest and only relevant in that context; many times a great and wonderfully thought out post receives red negatives, and ramblings with no supportive basis whatsoever gets greened. Sort of reminds me of the way Sally Field accepted her Oscar with the statement, "You Like Me, You Really Like Me!". That is why I do not engage in the game, and I actually make fun of it in my tag line.

I've got to stand up for Nana Boo, because she was never into popularity contests.

Hey...I'm just trying to play along with the part about rambling...and helping to prove your point. :rolleyes::shutup:

Rambler-56.png

• Like 1

Your rationale is insulting to all of us because it suggests that people simply say stuff to get ratings. I'm not that shallow that I need the emotional support of a bunch of anonymous people, most of whom I've never met. I'm sure some are that shallow, but I doubt you'll find of that type of personality here.

It could just simply be a way to agree or disagree with the message of the post. If it's written poorly and Mike Boo reds it, so be it, but that's hardly a popularity contest.

• Like 1

The real question is why would one of the moderators take it upon themselves to modify his account like that. I mean he's controversial and usually so far off base it's not even funny but still - why?

Are you suggesting that Dan's negatives are not all earned and, in fact, were intentionally changed to reflect the opinion of some (or one) of the mods? I've not heard this rumor and I think it sells the DCP mods short.

If they actually did it I think they have enough character to stand up and claim credit or responsibility. Although I doubt your opinion is true, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt enough to verify it from the mods.

I've got to stand up for Nana Boo, because she was never into popularity contests.

Hey...I'm just trying to play along with the part about rambling...and helping to prove your point. :rolleyes:/>/>/> :shutup:/>/>/>

Rambler-56.png

Just be relieved that our Nanas didn't purchase this car, Michael :

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/worst-car-names-ever#9

Edited by BRASSO

Are you suggesting that Dan's negatives are not all earned and, in fact, were intentionally changed to reflect the opinion of some (or one) of the mods? I've not heard this rumor and I think it sells the DCP mods short.

If they actually did it I think they have enough character to stand up and claim credit or responsibility. Although I doubt your opinion is true, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt enough to verify it from the mods.

I'm ok with the negative. :)

Edited by danielray

rock.gif

..."Homey don't play dat"...

No - I think it more likely that he asked someone to do it. I happened to look at his profile last week and although he had a well deserved bad rep, it was somewhere in the range of the mid negative 100s. To go from that to over a million in a week - even a year is impossible. It had to have been changed by a mod or hacked. I'd like to think DCP has pretty good security to prevent that sort of thing.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1