Imperial Knights of Bergen County,NJ 50's early 60's

I was talking to an associate at work and we were discussing early activities in our youthful days and drum corps came up. Well, I related my experiences with the Santa Clara Vanguard and Jack talked about his 6 year envolmewnt with a drum corps called the Imperial Knights and they were located in Bergen County.Does anyone remember this drum corps. Jack played french horn and remember doing the Macy's Day Parade,St Patricks Day and going to Wildwood back in the mid-50's to early 60's. He would like to know if there are any alumni still around and if there is an Imperial Knights historical contact who may have photos of his old corps.

Ben

They were from Upper Saddle, NJ. Around in late 50's, early 60's. Participated in Garden State Circuit.

Garden State and the Greater NY Circuit from what I remember ...

:-)

I was talking to an associate at work and we were discussing early activities in our youthful days and drum corps came up. Well, I related my experiences with the Santa Clara Vanguard and Jack talked about his 6 year envolmewnt with a drum corps called the Imperial Knights and they were located in Bergen County.Does anyone remember this drum corps. Jack played french horn and remember doing the Macy's Day Parade,St Patricks Day and going to Wildwood back in the mid-50's to early 60's. He would like to know if there are any alumni still around and if there is an Imperial Knights historical contact who may have photos of his old corps.

Ben

They're on CorpsReps but only one member listed, a few scores (Jersey, NY, CT.) and no pictures. Nothing else when Googled.:

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=corpsdet&corps=1210&corpstype=Junior

They're on CorpsReps but only one member listed, a few scores (Jersey, NY, CT.) and no pictures. Nothing else when Googled.:

http://www.corpsreps.com/corpsreps.cfm?view=corpsdet&corps=1210&corpstype=Junior

I can see this going to take some effort to find photos.....Perhaps their old American Legion post will have some info.

Ben

• 1 month later...

I can see this going to take some effort to find photos.....Perhaps their old American Legion post will have some info.

Ben

If you go to the Drum Corps Heritage FaceBook group, and in the photo albums - Ron Silva has a picture of their guard and a couple of drummers at what looks like a winter guard show.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'll gve it a try.

Ben

Get in touch with Moe Knox he may be of some help on this one as well as far as I know he is still in CT