New DCA Fan?

Best show ever in DCA.... 2010 Statesmen!!!!! OZ was AMAZING!

Got to have the corps entrance on the vid to make it complete. Corps entering with the Wicked Witches guards chant... "BO YI OO.... " or however it sounds.....

2012 Bucs

2006 Bush

Not biased much...

totally biased...1991, 1993, 1994,1996 Empire Statesmen...1992, 1993 Bushwackers, any 70's from Cabs or Skyliners!!!!

• Like 1

It's amzaing what you'll find sometimes. I just heard '81 Sunrisers yesterday and loved it. I heard some 80's Bushwackers the other day that was excellent as well. Plenty of Caballeros, MBI and Empire shows that are fantastic, notably 2010 Empire. Glad to hear there's a new fan! I was hooked when I went to my first DCA Championship back in '07, I competed in the minicorps comeptition after having been out of DCI for a few years and my life hasn't been the same since.

The problem I see when trying to introduce a "new fan" to DCA is that Shows like 2000s Syracuse Brigadiers and late 90s Cabs. 03 -06 Renegades, 97 Empire and 92 Bush are not a current reflextion of what DCA is like TODAY. The shows they see today are a FAR contrast from what those shows were like in many respects.

If you are trying to attract a new DCA fan to the current DCA model you should be showing current shows.

Edited by camel lips

The problem I see when trying to introduce a "new fan" to DCA is that Shows like 2000s Syracuse Brigadiers and late 90s Cabs. 03 -06 Renegades, 97 Empire and 92 Bush are not a current reflextion of what DCA is like TODAY. The shows they see today are a FAR contrast from what those shows were like in many respects.

If you are trying to attract a new DCA fan to the current DCA model you should be showing current shows.

DCA still has a lot of yesterday's feeling and intent built into them, even if some design trends have changed.

• Like 1

For the record, the shows that I watched originally were all found on my own, I didn't really have anyone show me. :smile:/>

Regardless that it has evolved some in style, it's still really different from DCI in my eyes, and that's what is really making me interested in it.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Try Sunrisers 86,87,and 88 all winning shows.

'06 Bush, some good zen for sure.

Personally, '09 MBI is rockin'. Roger Grupp at his finest, trading off with other great solo artists, great brass book, great jazz show.

Another one if it is out there... '92 Les Metro, another white hot plasma horn line. literally physically knocked me back at prelims with their first big impact.

Reading's Rome show also a real gas.

2012 Kidsgrove.

The Govies. Pick any of the last several years from what I'm told, I loved the 2012 program myself.

• Like 1