1950 Eastern States Championships

This is going to be a work in progress and want to scan when I get the time. Bought a program from a Hershey, PA show and turns out it was the 3rd Annual ES Championship show. For now I'll list the scores with the warning that some are not that legible. Problem is half of them were written with apparently a fountain pen that bled badly or smeared over the decades. Weird part is the other half were written in pencil and very neat hand writing. And still very legible.

Edit: Date July 15, 1950 and location is not mentioned but had to have been what is now Hershey Park Stadium

note: positions were NOT written down so some of the below is a real guess

1 Reilly Raiders VFW Post 7947 92.21

2 Archer Epler Post VFW 979 Musketeers 91.65 (5?)

3 Hamilton Post American Legion Baltimore, MD 91.35

4 Consolidated Edison Post American Legion New York City 88.605(?)

5 George Imhof Post 153 American Legion 87.22 (.22?)

6 McFarland Post American Legion - Burlington Highlanders 84.78

7 Riverside Post #124 American Legion Jersey Joes 84.7

8 Harold Bair Post 14 American Legion Hanover, PA 74

? Henry H Houston 2nd Post 3 American Legion Phila

(maybe 82 or 80 or the someone was trying to get the pen to work)

York Post 127 American Legion - hosts/exhibition only

Program has scores from 1949 and 1948 for the corps that were at 1950 ONLY so partials

Think this is in srcorps - I nned to double check

Archer Epler 90.35

Jersey Joes 90.05

Reilly Raiders 90.1

Hamilton Post 88.65

Imhof 82.3

Highlanders 78.6

Bair Post 74.04

1948 (again partials)

Reilly Raiders 94.1

Archer Epler 93.2

Hamilton Post 89.9

Imhof 83.9

Other tidbits to follow including rules, history of York Poat 127 (OK - the White Roses), other corps info as I find it and pics of the corps when I scan. LOL - love Houstons Mountie unis.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

"Jersey Joes" has to be one of the coolest names in the history of drum corps! :thumbup:

"Jersey Joes" has to be one of the coolest names in the history of drum corps! :thumbup:/>

Still like Jersey Skeeters from Hackensack (of all places).... But then again I have a pinback from them. :w00t:

and they had a junior corps named The Joeys....whose logo was a kangaroo....no lie Fran

"Jersey Joes" has to be one of the coolest names in the history of drum corps! :thumbup:/>

and they had a junior corps named The Joeys....whose logo was a kangaroo....no lie Fran

Heeey I owe Jim a Victory or some other quality of brew. I've seen "Joeys" in corpsreps but don't think I ever saw any other info. Now I know. :thumbup:

Man... I learn something new every day!!!

Heeey I owe Jim a Victory or some other quality of brew. I've seen "Joeys" in corpsreps but don't think I ever saw any other info. Now I know. :thumbup:/>

Jim,

There was also a "Joeys" corps from Hammonton, NJ. Sonny Cataneo taught them way BITD.

Ray

Ballantine Brewers was cooler.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim,

There was also a "Joeys" corps from Hammonton, NJ. Sonny Cataneo taught them way BITD.

Ray

Ray;

I thought St. Joseph's, Hammonton,N.J. Was the "Joey's" ?

printer/scanner/xerox crapped out so no scanning until I get a new one....

Better get one this month before I get furlowed starting early May or so unless Congress gets it's collective #### together (I work for Dept of Defense). Really weird as North Korea is acting up and I was with my Korea War Vet father last night.

"Hey see your buddies in Korea are in the news again" :devil:

Response as kinda unprintible except for the words "didn't I always say.... those.... were..... crazy.....".