More Trivia

We did a show in 1987 around the 4th of july in a suburb of chicago and we outscored the other corps at the show combined. I know Geneseo Knights and New Day were there, maybe marquis and not sure of the other corps.

July 4, 1987 Elmwood Park, IL

Bluecoats--81.2

Knights--55.9

Northern Dream--12.3

Northmen--9.9

I did zero out one corps when I was judging in the Garden State Circuit on Drumming Execution. I always felt bad about that...to this day, as I still remember doing it!

Not even a .01 for showing up ?

I KNOW I'm a ***** but I've never zeroed out anyone and never gace a 5 at band festivals. I gave a 4-- once though.

I KNOW I'm a ***** but I've never zeroed out anyone and never gace a 5 at band festivals. I gave a 4-- once though.

This was during the tick era; I had no idea I was zeroing them out during the show.

This was during the tick era; I had no idea I was zeroing them out during the show.

Supposedly our Drum execution score during the 37 show I referred to earlier was also 0.0.

I think so as overheard "well at least we couldn't get a negative score".

Next year the drummers took out an ad in the home show program with the line

"Best 0.0 Drumline On The Field Today - Look out DCA". :tongue:

• 5 months later...

Nothing like watching judges walk off the field BEFORE the gun....

In the era of ticks, I would count the marks on my sheet if I thought I was getting close to a "0". I never would "write a corps off the sheet." The execution score was the reward to the members, the PA score was the reward to the staff. You could do as much damage to the PA side without rewarding a "0" on the tick sheet.