Hurricanes Spring Open House

The Hurricanes are excited to announce our Spring Open House for Brass and Percussion on Sunday, March 24 from 9:00AM - 4:00PM at Amity Regional High School (25 Newton Rd, Woodbridge, CT 06525).

No experience is needed to attend. Beginner musicians, woodwind players, and music lovers are welcome! Lunch will be provided free of charge. Those who attend will learn parts of our 2013 Show "Rage Against the Machine" including music from Mars, Transformers, and Tron! There is no commitment to join, we are just looking for anyone who wants to come have fun and learn something new from our World Class educational team!

As always, check out our website for up to the minute information on the Hurricanes - www.cthurricanes.org

The Hurricanes are excited to announce our Spring Open House for Brass and Percussion on Sunday, March 24 from 9:00AM - 4:00PM at Amity Regional High School (25 Newton Rd, Woodbridge, CT 06525).

No experience is needed to attend. Beginner musicians, woodwind players, and music lovers are welcome! Lunch will be provided free of charge. Those who attend will learn parts of our 2013 Show "Rage Against the Machine" including music from Mars, Transformers, and Tron! There is no commitment to join, we are just looking for anyone who wants to come have fun and learn something new from our World Class educational team!

As always, check out our website for up to the minute information on the Hurricanes - www.cthurricanes.org

Good Luck with the Open House Vinny... Post how the numbers are going and what's up these days.

Saw this on the news Palm Sunday evening during basketball half time.

Video was the same on TV but with the battery doing exercises. Says they only have 100 total to date, looking for twenty more bodies.

What I saw from the TV was a very, very, very young and small hornline, an older and full battery, and a seventeen year old front ensemble if I am good at guessing ages. No guard as it was the same weekend of the WGI regional at URI. Lots of bronchitiis and such going about which may have kept numbers down (and seemed to keep the scores down at Kingston, RI show). The TV video was done well.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/drum-corps-holds-open-house

Video was the same on TV but with the battery doing exercises. Says they only have 100 total to date, looking for twenty more bodies.

What I saw from the TV was a very, very, very young and small hornline, an older and full battery, and a seventeen year old front ensemble if I am good at guessing ages. No guard as it was the same weekend of the WGI regional at URI. Lots of bronchitiis and such going about which may have kept numbers down (and seemed to keep the scores down at Kingston, RI show). The TV video was done well.

Thanks for your comments, and we are glad you saw the feature on the News8! We were very lucky to have them come down and spend some time with us Sunday AM!

We are still actively recruiting brass and front ensemble members. Numbers at this time in the year are consistent with what we've seen over the past 3-5 years. Of the horn players we have, 90% of them are veterans and they sound great. The hornline is definitely having a strong winter season!

The drumline, as you realized, is full and cooking. They are playing very well for this time of the year and are eager to improve. A couple of members had a sectional at our recruiting table last weekend to show prospective members the dedication they have for the coming season.

We ensembled over 7 minutes of show music Sunday afternoon and there was a buzz in the air as the Hurricanes tackle a new type of program which is different from what the DCA community has been accustomed to. You will definitely see a more focused, aggressive Hurricanes this summer!

Edited by vbc33

I would guess alittle older, since two current members are DCI age-outs... :smile: