Easy Chair Adjudicactor: Great Runner's Up Shows

I cannot agree. Cavaliers were a big step up from BD/Cadets that year. I'd have had them much closer to Phantom/SCV.

I completely agree with you here. While on a personal level I derive much more enjoyment from BD and Cadets in '89, there is no denying that those two shows were placed correctly. Cadets, while they had an on-fire drumline, did not have the best of hornlines. BD had a great musical book, but it was not as clean as those above them. Percussively I enjoyed BD a lot more than 1-3 but as Rondinaro alluded to that line was a bit "reckless". Visually . . . I am not the best judge of visual, nor am I very knowledgeable on what is/is not good. I do know that BD did not excite me in that regard, and Cadets were a tad sloppy. Guard, eh. I liked what I saw from Cadets. Bottom line is that both corps, BD and Cadets, were good, but they lacked the customary attention to detail usually associated with them.