Best Preshows?

Mine is 2010 Crown's pre-show, when they did Mahler #2.

Crown's Copland pre show in 09 was pretty awesome. And Mahler 2 in 2010 was the best part of their show! A shame it wasn't judged (or maybe for the better.. that tear happened more often than not, lol).

Phantom 08.. was just special. They really set the tone and everyone on the field was in character. Awesome stuff.

Cavies 2010 is also a neat one. There are more just can't think of them right now.

• Like 2

Crown's Copland pre show in 09 was pretty awesome. And Mahler 2 in 2010 was the best part of their show! A shame it wasn't judged (or maybe for the better.. that tear happened more often than not, lol).

Phantom 08.. was just special. They really set the tone and everyone on the field was in character. Awesome stuff.

Cavies 2010 is also a neat one. There are more just can't think of them right now.

Totally forgot about Crown 2010. I saw them live for the first time in Denton, was blown away of course. I will always remember my dad looking from side 1 to side 2 and back and forth in that opening when they were doing the attacks back and forth. He has no musical knowledge what so ever, it blew his mind. It was pretty hilarious, and I didn't even realize they were doing that until he had pointed that out.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I loved BK2011, the whole show was just fantastic!

SCV's amazing entry was also quite well.. amazing

I did like how the announcer at DCI SA did it=

Drum Corps International is proud to present.......

*Corps build up*

(In ominous voice) THE. SANTA. CLARA. VANGUARD.

*The Glorious SCV has broke through heaven horns ablaze*

^Awesome moment! Makes the Finals edition seem bland. :thumbup:/>

• Like 1

Cavies 2010- Mad World

The pre show set the mood for the entire show. Loved the mix of recorded and live. It's one of my favorite moments from 2010. Well thought out by the staff and great performance by the men.

I agree with this one. I like how on finals the announcer didn't interrupt the pre-show. The show just naturally flowed on to the first attack.

Bluecoats 2010 and 2011

2010 when the whole corps lay on the ground holding the guard as they leaned forward in Metropolis

and 2011 when the entire corps edged the field and the one member came and did a back flip into the "Brave New World" and they proceeded into the opening Creep!

Since nobody else brought 'em up, I get to be first:

- Crown 2011. Just a blast to watch. Unfortunately due to copyright issues, you have to go to the site that must not be named to try to find the whole thing.

- SCV '09. Beautiful.

- This is a bit homer-ish, but for a blast from the past: '91 Sky Ryders. Good setup to a good show.