Erie Thunderbirds All Star Event

I understand unofficially that the Cadets will also be in this same parade, travelling up from Spring training in Johnstown, PA to Erie. Seems it will be super day for drum corps lovers.

You are correct sir!

Corps committed to the event include:

The Cadets

Steel City Ambassadors

St. Joe's of Batavia

Scout House

Ghost Riders

Blue Saints

Mon Valley Express

The Erie Thunderbirds All Stars

• Like 1

Very Nice!!!

Very Nice!!!

Rudimental drumming will be provided by the host Corps'. Single sticking will be accidental.

Ballroom - not big enough,..........

And yesterdays turnout was roughly half of the proposed horn line. We've created a monster.

And yesterdays turnout was roughly half of the proposed horn line. We've created a monster.

What a nice problem!!!

What a nice problem!!!

AGREE. GREAT problem to have. To bad it's only for one day. 80+ brass..34 perc...15 guard.

AGREE. GREAT problem to have. To bad it's only for one day. 80+ brass..34 perc...15 guard.

Talk to Park City Pride ... similar situation and numbers 10 years ago ... a reunion corps to appear "one day only" at the 2004 Barnum ... now they're celebrating their 10th Anniversary of Alumni Corps activity ... it can happen ...

:-)

Talk to Park City Pride ... similar situation and numbers 10 years ago ... a reunion corps to appear "one day only" at the 2004 Barnum ... now they're celebrating their 10th Anniversary of Alumni Corps activity ... it can happen ...

:-)

Understand what you're saying. TBIRDS started an Alumni Corps' late 1991 early 1992 and continued, basically, thru 2011...roughly 19 years including 6 MiniCorps' titles. I think we are or have been experiencing "Burn-Out". Same people all the time for all those years and really nowhere to draw replacements from. H.S. bands in the city of Erie are pretty much non-existant. County...not much better. I guess it's a cyclical thing.

The TBIRD All Star performance May 25th may generate new interest. One can only hope.

Understand what you're saying. TBIRDS started an Alumni Corps' late 1991 early 1992 and continued, basically, thru 2011...roughly 19 years including 6 MiniCorps' titles. I think we are or have been experiencing "Burn-Out". Same people all the time for all those years and really nowhere to draw replacements from. H.S. bands in the city of Erie are pretty much non-existant. County...not much better. I guess it's a cyclical thing.

The TBIRD All Star performance May 25th may generate new interest. One can only hope.

One of the successes of PCP was that they opened up participation to ALL corps in the Greater Bridgeport area ... similar to your All Star concept ... it worked ... the numbers were infectious ... and the mass of 50+ year old teenagers havin' a good old time were amazing ... now they're 60+ year old teenagers and still present their stuff with a passion ...

Good luck!