Best DCI colorguards

Landoeli

I'm curious as to which guards in the past few years have been the most successful, talented, and/or respected in DCI. I can guess that most big name div.I corps have good guards, but are there any in the other divisions, or any that stand out in particular?

• 5 weeks later...

It is mostly a matter of opinion in many cases... although most often, the score sheets from world championships don't lie... but this is my opinion...

Div. 1 - Carolina Crown - very innovative due to the talents of Michael Shapiro, Cadets - they have April Gilligan and she is awesome, Cavaliers, Magic of Orlando, Phantom Regiment - too bad they dont let boys march or i'd have been marching with them for the past 10 years, Blue Devils - seem to focus a lot on weapons, but can spin flag with the best of them.

Santa Clara Vanguard( again this is my opinion) has never had a GREAT guard.. they have been very good.. but to me they were never one to really get all excited about.. 1997, 1998 were some very good years for them and i've heard that 2003 was a great year for their guard as well.

Boston Crusaders are also a good one.

Div. 2 - Patriots hands down... they have an incredible world class winter guard that has done extremely well the past few years and it shows very much in their drum corps guard ..., Spartans have had good guards in the past... not sure how they are doing now.. , Esperanza de Luz also has a world class guard, thanks in part to their winter guard program.

Div 3 - i dont' know much about this division but i've heard that the Blue Stars have a very good guard, and i think Revolution had a good guard too...