Blue Stars new uniform unveiled!

NOTHING beats this Blue Stars look....forever! :thumbup:

74-4.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

But here is what the Blue Stars are saying today, after April Fool's, really is a primary sketch for their new uni.

Rumor from a well placed source within their admin is that their CEO at last camp dissed the traditional Blue Stars pith helmet as unworkable for today's drill. (???)

I find most of the sketches here very busy, too much built on BD, and prone to distracting the drill rather than masking ticks. Unfortunately few uniform designers have actually written drill for real people or taught drill on the top 12 level.

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=685

• Like 2

But here is what the Blue Stars are saying today, after April Fool's, really is a primary sketch for their new uni.

Rumor from a well placed source within their admin is that their CEO at last camp dissed the traditional Blue Stars pith helmet as unworkable for today's drill. (???)

I find most of the sketches here very busy, too much built on BD, and prone to distracting the drill rather than masking ticks. Unfortunately few uniform designers have actually written drill for real people or taught drill on the top 12 level.

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=685

Those were all primary sketches for the 06 return to World Class, not for the 2013 uniforms.

• Like 3

Those were all primary sketches for the 06 return to World Class, not for the 2013 uniforms.

Yes, you are right. But I didn't say it was.

Read what I wrote. But I shouldn't actually post while in my hospital bed. Somehow I always leave out something.

I guess tension and anxiety is supposed to be part of the suspense as we await the unveiling. It won't be as powerful if they don't master the show behind it. Last year could have been so good...

• Like 2

Last year could have been so good...

If only they were given good drill to march, that made sense and added to the show...not just rehashed stuff from the drill writers previous shows!

• Like 1

If only they were given good drill to march, that made sense and added to the show...not just rehashed stuff from the drill writers previous shows!

One might think that a successful drill writer just might have a style that identifies them.

There is only one Myron Rosander.

I'm fine with the shako instead of the helmet... I understand the visual concerns, and I have no problem with that at all.

But I hope the corps returns to its "blue as the main color" motif.

• Like 1