Drum corps in Philly

I see the complaining never stops on this site.

Anyway, I live in the Chestnut Hill area of Philly (for one more year and then I'm getting stationed elsewhere) and I'm pretty excited and can't wait, no matter how much it costs.

• Like 1

Jim, if you were a recent color guard age-out (of the female kind) I'd consider it. The point is, there are probably many around who can well afford to attend drum corps shows, no matter where held. But, they attend less often than they once did. Might have something to do with the product. There's plenty of perfection on display, just not enough "jack-up." I go to stadiums to cheer spontaneously, not be mystified. Then again, I'm just one ticket. For the time being, I still do attend, just not nearly as often.

Tickets are a bit pricey... I haven't looked but it's probably the same as all the YEA! shows...

And it's in Chester, which is not Philadelphia. probably about 15 min to an hour from say the Ben Franklin bridge depending on I95 traffic..

Also VERY easy to get to from NJ via 322 and the Comm. Barry Bridge.

Agreed... very easy access from areas south of there... Wilmington, Baltimore, etc.

Without unforeseen traffic issues, less than 1 1/2 hours from where I live here in the Baltimore area. A straight shot up I-95.

Edited by Fran Haring

So we are just supposed to be okay about ridiculous ticket prices?

You can get the best seats in Allentown for a lower price and more corps.... hell... minus the fees.. go to Atlanta and catch ALL the corps...

YEA's ticket prices are ridiculous... we need some different show hosts in this area..

Maybe the Crossmen Alumni Association??? Or Jersey Surf could host a show?

• Like 2

I see the complaining never stops on this site.

Anyway, I live in the Chestnut Hill area of Philly (for one more year and then I'm getting stationed elsewhere) and I'm pretty excited and can't wait, no matter how much it costs.

And yet, the complaining seems to always be directed at the same person/persons/organization. Odd. Very odd. :ph34r:/>

Edited by Ahamay Oton
  • Like 1

So we are just supposed to be okay about ridiculous ticket prices?

You can get the best seats in Allentown for a lower price and more corps.... hell... minus the fees.. go to Atlanta and catch ALL the corps...

YEA's ticket prices are ridiculous... we need some different show hosts in this area..

Maybe the Crossmen Alumni Association??? Or Jersey Surf could host a show?

Ridiculous? I've seen more ridiculous ticket prices for shows that aren't even worth it coming from other organizations as well. Spare me the tears. With all the prices of gas and food and all the other stuff needed to take care of people in corps these days, I'm surprised the prices aren't higher.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Ridiculous? I've seen more ridiculous ticket prices for shows that aren't even worth it coming from other organizations as well. Spare me the tears. With all the prices of gas and food and all the other stuff needed to take care of people in corps these days, I'm surprised the prices aren't higher.

the reality is the economy is still in the tank and many people will be cutting back. Obviously that doesn't really impact you.

That said, if YEA can get more money by charging more, then they should do so. Free market and all.

then you'd see complaining seats are empty