San Francisco Renegades Schedule Update

I was being sarcastic! LOL

It came across as anything but Keith.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone (at least not myself) is being "anti Renegade". But, you have to admit that their wound has been mostly self inflicted. You can't go getting yourselves kicked out of your only competitive circuit and expect the results to be positive. And there were never any apologies or even so much as a hint of contrition on their part. I certainly do hope they are able to work their way back, but realizing where they went wrong and doing something to correct it, will be a necessary first step.

At times it seems as if they were boasting or pleased it happened (being suspended from DCA's finals participation in 2013), claiming to be banned from DCA and hey going to Europe is soooo much better than DCA anyways. It was rather disconcerting that it didn't seem important enough to take seriously.

• Like 4

I'm just not on this, "be negative about the Renegades" kick. They tried to do something different that worked for them...it just didn't work for DCA. They also were called out for things that happened before. How many corps in the past were suspended from DCA for doing negative things? Fighting in public, drunk in public, etc. I am not defending Renegades but I certainly saw things from various corps that were unacceptable ESPECIALLY with underage kids in the corps that seem to be "okay."

I'm just not on this, "be negative about the Renegades" kick. They tried to do something different that worked for them...it just didn't work for DCA. They also were called out for things that happened before. How many corps in the past were suspended from DCA for doing negative things? Fighting in public, drunk in public, etc. I am not defending Renegades but I certainly saw things from various corps that were unacceptable ESPECIALLY with underage kids in the corps that seem to be "okay."

I don't believe that trashing hotels in the championship host city has EVER worked for DCA. And, like I posted previoulsy...it's not the '70's anymore. And the fact that there was absolutely no Mea Culpa for their actions speaks louder about Renegades as an organization that any restructuring EVER will.

• Like 3

And the fact that there was absolutely no Mea Culpa for their actions speaks louder about Renegades as an organization that any restructuring EVER will.

I was President of the Renegades Association of California last year, until the time I resigned in September. I was not at DCA 2012, so I have no first hand knowledge of what transpired (i.e., "who did what?"). I do have 2nd had "evidence" of what transpired, which I received within two weeks after the completion of DCA (which was the first time I hard about any issues).

I was the person who handled all negotiations between the Renegades and DCA. The Renegades were given ample opportunity by DCA to present their view of the issues, and did so. The decision for the Renegades to not perform was agreed to by the Renegades CEO, myself, and DCA, after long, and professional, negotiations.

Just to set the record straight: There WAS an apology from myself, on behalf of the Renegades, to DCA. The Renegades and DCA parted (for one year) on good terms. End of story.

As far as "going to Europe", and returning to "Drum Corps is Evil", and the subsequent withdrawal from the 2013 season ... all that came "after my shift", and I have no comment.

• Like 5

Thank you Jeff.

• Like 1

And, like I posted previously...it's not the '70's anymore.

Key point, right there.

If we applied today's rules to what many corps did back in the 1960s, 1970s... hey, a whole bunch of us would have been banned for life. LOL.

But the rules are different now... as they should be.

And IMO, no one can use the "hey, but stuff happened back in the day and no one was held accountable for it" excuse and have any credibility doing so.

I hope the Renegades come back strong in 2014, and I hope we see them again at DCA Championships. I'll miss them this year. But what's done is done.

• Like 2

554935_10151526174248486_1528720506_n_zps55cb257e.jpg
  • Like 3

I hope the remaining DCA corps watch their P's and Q's from now on. Also, hope the other DCA corps don't try to buck the DCA system. DCA is no place for a corps to change what has been in place for decades. Don't be different!

oh please. Look, I want the Renegades back as much as anyone, but being different isn't what caused the problems Keith.

• Like 6