corps known for bari/euph sections

Regiment.

Phantom

Crown

Bluecoats

BAC

Blue Knights

To me year in and out these are the best Bari/Euph sections around!

• Like 1

I think of two groups: Blue Devils and Cadets.

Blue Devils because of, like every section, the raw talent that they bring in year after year.

Cadets because of the rep that gets written for them that they take on full out. Jay Bocook is a genius with his writing and doesn't take it easy of baritones, occasionally even the thirds get parts as difficult as the leads (granted lower pitch).

I've heard this too.

Edited by bassdj

In general, Phantom Regiment - from 70's to the present. 1989 "New World", 1993 (with Fire of Eternal Glory), and 2006-2008 (Faust, Firebird, Spartacus) stand out to me.

Around 1999-2001 SCV had a great bari-euph sound - very beefy. Would have loved 2004's Scheherezade" even more if there were euphs in that production.

2006 BD's "Godfather" had a noticeable bari-euph increase in sound compared to previous BD lines (because of a shift in #'s on low brass instrumentation that year).

When BD switched horn manufacturers in 2010 their bari-euph presence picked it up several notches.

Crown since 2008 has a wonderful low brass presence.

Madison has had several monster lines over the years, including 1986 (especially the 2 middle numbers from Harlem Suite), 1992 (the second iteration of City of Angels), 1995 (Drum Corps Fan's Dream Part Uno, but the entire horn line was unreal that year), and 1999 (Jesus Christ Superstar).

Cadets because of the rep that gets written for them that they take on full out. Jay Bocook is a genius with his writing and doesn't take it easy of baritones, occasionally even the thirds get parts as difficult as the leads (granted lower pitch).

Anyone else see the 2nd and 3rd part for his arrangment of the Nation Anthem? Have it in my folder and agree...

Patriotic Medley is pretty fun too for lower Baris.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Basically.

That whole horn line was monster... that whole drum corps was monster... but ####. I envy anyone who got to play in that line... would have been so much fun to blend to that section!