Glassmen

So does anyone know what's going on with the glassmen? I've heard they aren't participating this season, and I've also heard they are.

They are inactive for 2013. All drum corps fans are hoping they'll be back soon.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

Glassmen are currently taking efforts to get back on good financial ground. They just recently held an auction which, according to their alumni twitter account GlassTales, raised around $5000.

To this point it does not appear by thier site that they have hired a director as I believe they currently have the board president. If they are going to make a come back which I hope they do, they need to start sharing plans and progress or people will already make plans for what they will be doing for next season.

Glassmen are currently taking efforts to get back on good financial ground. They just recently held an auction which, according to their alumni twitter account GlassTales, raised around $5000.

Good effort. Probably loads of hard work. But the reality is that $5000 is not even the tour costs of two members or living wage salary for a director or instructors. Here's hoping future funding sources can be found. Maybe DanielRay will donate his expertise.

Good effort. Probably loads of hard work. But the reality is that $5000 is not even the tour costs of two members or living wage salary for a director or instructors. Here's hoping future funding sources can be found. Maybe DanielRay will donate his expertise.

True. But it is $5000 more than they had before.

True. But it is $5000 more than they had before.

And by small steps, great journies are begun.

• Like 1

I would highly suggest Simone involved in Chase Corporate nominate them for the Chase Giving Program! I helped BK with theirs this past year and we got the 25,000 dollar level. The highest is 250,000 and there are ten 100,000 dollar awards. The Academy a few years back I believe was awarded 100,000. It just requires votes and nominations from a Chase Employee! This might really help get them back on track. Food for thought!:)

Wes P

BK 97 98

$5,000 down is a start; however, based on how much they stated that they were in the hole when they stopped their activities, that still leaves them approximately (- $295,000)

At least the hole is being filled in instead of being dug deeper. And bravo to the corps for addressing its debt instead of walking away from it. Other corps have rebounded from a disastrous negative cash flow. May Glassmen be one to do the same.

• Like 4