SCV or C2?

Scheherazade was 2005, wasn't it?

Scheherazade was 2004. Russia was 2005.

Edited by crownisking

I am looking forward to both shows, SCV especially. I think the pressure is going to really be on the color guard to tell the story. They need big personalities for those that will be portraying the main characters of the film. I don't think they need to go to the great tricks they used in the late 80s to propel the momentum, but they may think about doing some radical uniform design that pulls the audience into the world of the French revolution of aristocrat, commoner, prostitute, etc.

I'm assuming C2 is the Cadets? Sorry, I'm not up to date on who is playing what yet.

Cadets Two are a separate and second corps within the YEA structure which also sponsors the Cadets. Cadets 2 fielded for the first time last summer (2012) as a weekend-only corps which competed in the DCA circuit, not in DCI. The age cohort of the corps is generally similar to the age parameters of DCI. The uniforms that C2 wore last season were the traditional Holy Name/Garfield uniforms but with a different side patch which said Cadets 2. Coincidentally the DCI Cadets wore a special uniform last season for the 2012 season, a uniform based on what the color guard captains and, later, the drum majors wore when the corps was Holy Name, then Garfield Cadets, then Cadets of Bergen County, then Cadets, then Holy Name Cadets, then Cadets.

Yes, or should I say YEA, it does get confusing at times. :--)

At least not since the late 80's. I think one of the corps will create a barricade in some fashion.

I am thinking that Crown may have some material left over from their Industry show that could be used as part of the barricade. :smile:

• Like 1

I am looking forward to both shows, SCV especially. I think the pressure is going to really be on the color guard to tell the story. They need big personalities for those that will be portraying the main characters of the film. I don't think they need to go to the great tricks they used in the late 80s to propel the momentum, but they may think about doing some radical uniform design that pulls the audience into the world of the French revolution of aristocrat, commoner, prostitute, etc.

Nit-picking here, but it's not the French Revolution (1789) but a later chaotic time in France 1814-1832. But I agree with your artistic stance. The Wretched (a literal translation of the French les miserables) might need to be so coiffed rather than the usual SCV elan.

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

I meant to say that the current staff doesn't seem to use them

:tongue:/>/>/>/>

I agree. SCV lately has not been known to supplememt their shows with lots of props and gimmicks, as perhaps others of late have. Les Mis. might require them to use props however.. we'll see. I 'm not automatically turned off with the use of props and / or gimmicks either. Its all in the useage for me. I've enjoyed shows before with lots of props and gimmicks ( and disliked others use too of course). Velvet Knights certainly utilized a lot of props and gimmicks in their shows, and it worked for both them..... and audiences. SCV has utilized props. (Their "Miss Saigon" show one of many with props and of course the" disappearing " performer years certainly was a clever gimmick that seemed to work for audiences too ). I'm actually looking forward to SCV doing " Les Mis " this season and believe that it can potentially work very well for both them and audiences alike.

Edited by BRASSO