Bob Lendeman

Marie Grana Czapinski

and finally, the person whose speech will have the place electric:

Steve "Reliable Rondo" Rondinaro

http://www.dci.org/n...c9-e1c880e14888

All well deserving. Even you-know-who.

and finally, the person whose speech will have the place electric:

Steve "Reliable Rondo" Rondinaro

The phrase "About frakking time" comes to mind.

Congrats, all!

Oh i thought Rondo was already there.

I actually mentioned that in my letter of support...that many people to whom I had mentioned Rondo wasn't in yet were surprised to hear that.

Here are some interesting tidbits about the HoF candidates that I know.

What is not included in Steve Rondinaro's bio is the amount of time he has given as an advisor to other corps as he shares his experience as a past director in an area that has lost many, many corps due to the economy, migration, and the larger demands on corps today. One such corps to benefit has been Carolina Crown where Steve regularly volunteers to MC their various contests. His excellent presentation makes a fine impression, not just on Finals' Week but at local shows where many first timers are given a class experience of our activity.

But last summer at the breaks at Indy Lucas I happened upon a group of those who marched with Steve and for him. It seems every year they get together at Finals week and Steve, amidst all the busy-ness and preparations for the Championship presentations still finds time to join them. Now that is friendship and dedication.

Marie Grana also had 2 brothers who judged DCI, Hank and Frank, and were as competent and respected as she is. What a family! Hank, with Earl Joyce whom she mentions were notorious "runners," real tick-hounds BITD. When they judged, you knew you would get a fair adjudication, but you better be perfect because they were on top of everything. Occasionally they even became a show in themselves as the crowd gasped wondering if they would be safe in/from/despite the form. But they knew their drills and where the doors out were. Others were not so athletic or conversant. That's one reason drill execution judges today tend to stay on the sidelines or endzones.

I have a personal Bob Lendman story that I was able to share with his wife after Bob's funeral and with his grandson who became a very fine mellophonist with the Madison Scouts.

When Bob was in charge of transportation for Star of Indiana and I was on staff of a rival corps, he arranged for Bill Cook's personal plane to take me at no costs between 2 shows to an important occasion for my family. Unfortunately the next day I became seriously ill and had to be hospitalized for a week. Bob and Bill Cook each phoned me every day for two weeks to make sure I was improving and getting the best medical care that money could buy. This was the type of generous man both of them were. That he shares the HoF honor now with Bill and with their friend Moe Latour is as much a testament to his character as to how well he did with Blue Stars, Phantom Regiment, and Star of Indiana.

Unfortunately, Mr. Mar, I have yet to have the pleasure. Perhaps this summer. Congratulations all.

• Like 1

I would love to see Rochester Patriot founder, the late John Nolan, for his work in the Div II/III or Class A corps

I would love to see Rochester Patriot founder, the late John Nolan, for his work in the Div II/III or Class A corps

I believe anyone can make a nomination, why not write one up next year?