Homosexuality in Drum Corps

I see nothing wrong with this post. The perspectives are really interesting.

sorry for the abreviated note - I pulled a few posts that you likely didnt see.

good dialogue .... I personally don't get it - I've been as concerned with my gay corpsmate showering on my left about as much as my catholic corpsmate showering on my right, my fat(ter) corpsmate standing behind me waiting for my shower, and my old(er) corpsmate toweling off at the doorway....shared passion for an activity is a great equalizer, IMO.

Carry on....and always practice safe posting...

z

There are gay people in drum corps? I had no idea.

inconceivable-1.jpg

never a problem in our corps when I marched and there were plenty of openly gay members in the corps. never thought twice about it.

I remember one time we were staying at a housing facility with the Scouts and they were all upset because since we were coed that meant they were confined to just the boys locker room and couldn't use the girls also as they usually did when housing by themselves.

It's that you assumed that a gay guy want to look at EVERY dude in the shower. I mean, yeah there are a lot of sexy guys in drum corps but honestly, a gay guy doesn't want to look at all of them if he even wants to look at ANY of them! That's the "ignorant" part that's getting you down votes.

How did you get this idea? Never said it and don't believe it. If I posted in a misleading way, let me know and I'll correct it.

Here's where asking questions would be a better idea instead of slamming on a misunderstanding.

Edit: Sent a PM because being misunderstood on something like this bugs me...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Really this is a topic thats needs to be discussed REALLY?? wow how about something that relates to getting more corps on the road better financed and funded corps nuff said!

• Like 3

So what’s the difference between a gay guy checking out a straight guy in the shower and a straight guy checking out a sports bra/Daisy Dukes wearing girl on the practice field? As someone mentioned, if either is felt to be sexual harassment, hopefully the corps has resources to deal with that. But why is the setting and the nakedness such a differentiator for some?

Are the, I assume, straight men who have voiced some concern over showering with a gay guy not able to look at a scantily clad women with simple appreciation of the female form? Do they immediately strip that woman in their minds and think nasty sexual thoughts? [sarcasm] Maybe, to avoid these situations, we should take after some countries that have women cover themselves from head to toe. If we do that and have separate showers for gay men, we’ll all feel more comfortable. [/sarcasm]

• Like 1

Accepting your fellow teammate and not caring about heir sexual orientation. If you do your job and you're a member of the team, it doesn't matter.

I would say that most people really don't care about someone's sexual orientation in team sports. There are of course bigoted people of all stripes in this world,...including sports... but in team sports in particular, the overwhelming majority of competitors in team sports are only concerned with if you can do your job and help the team advance.

• Like 1

I call for coed showers

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks!!! :tongue: