Homosexuality in Drum Corps

Line I have an issue with is: "Just because you're a dude and there's a gay dude in the locker room with you doesn't mean that person wants to jump your bones!" which I do not believe. But that doesn't rule out getting looked over while in the shower. Or at least the fear of getting checked out.

C'mon (hetro) guys.. we check out the women when we get the chance. And if we were all in a co-ed shower do you think some of the guys wouldn't have problems keeping their eyes off a nice looking female.

So what would be the difference between hetro in the co-ed shower and gay in the same sex shower? And how much more alike can ya get?

Assuming that does happen...HOW would you know, and why would you care?

In my case, I'd know, because the person would probably start to laugh! :tongue:

I think that comes from a straight guy's perspective when they know what they are thinking about the hot girls they see and just assuming it would be the same for a gay guy looking at them. :thumbup:/>/>

That's the thought I had.. and for reference Mike and I are pretty close in age.....

Stray thought from a few years ago that might fit here. At a get together and someone who has a problem with homosexuality (among other things) started bugging me about spending time with one lesbian friend. After a few minutes of this crap (and a few cold ones) I hear: "Do you two have anythign in common?" My response: "Yeah.. we both think her girlfriend is cute.." Well it was true (still is) and had peace rest of the night.

To put it as neutral as possible: I believe most of us would look at an attractive member of whatever sex attracts us. Don't have to have something nasty on our minds just the realization that the view is nice. And you don't have to be staring with your mouth hanging open, a quick glace counts and he/she wouldn't even know.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Assuming that does happen...HOW would you know, and why would you care?

In my case, I'd know, because the person would probably start to laugh! :tongue:

Personally don't know, don't care and highly doubt it would be directed my way (hence the 'retching' post :tongue: ). But to go with the above posts, I believe checking out others does go on in some circumtances (just not me.... :sad:).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The one way it was described to me was: picture yourself in this scenario,.......your a straight guy heading to the locker/shower room of your housing sight..........would you be allowed to head into the girls showers?,...........I think not,..........so in turn, should someone that is homosexual be allowed into the showers with members of the same sex?

Why does it matter if someone is sexually attracted to the same sex?

Line I have an issue with is: "Just because you're a dude and there's a gay dude in the locker room with you doesn't mean that person wants to jump your bones!" which I do not believe. But that doesn't rule out getting looked over while in the shower. Or at least the fear of getting checked out.

C'mon (hetro) guys.. we check out the women when we get the chance. And if we were all in a co-ed shower do you think some of the guys wouldn't have problems keeping their eyes off a nice looking female.

So what would be the difference between hetro in the co-ed shower and gay in the same sex shower? And how much more alike can ya get?

"Or at least the fear of getting checked out."

The fear of getting checked out? The FEAR? I'm being completely honest here, but, deep down inside, you're not secure in your sexuality. It's ok. This is normal. It's actually extremely common. In layman's terms, the ones who are loudest against the gay lifestyle are the ones who aren't secure and are sometimes gay themselves. 100%. Every time. It's human psychology. Look it up. Accept it. Relax. You don't have to shout down the gays to prove to people you aren't gay (though you may be, deep down). Just live and let live.

"So what would be the difference between hetro in the co-ed shower and gay in the same sex shower? And how much more alike can ya get?"

You just don't get it and I don't think anyone can explain that to you.

• Like 4

If you do not believe that "just because you're a dude and there's a gay dude in the locker room with you doesn't mean that person wants to jump your bones" then lets imagine for a second this scenario.....

There's a gay dude in the shower and George Hopkins walks in... is George Hopkins such an irresistible sex magnet that every gay man wants to jump his bones? :D (I kid George Hopkins but I needed to make this relate to Drum Corps!)

The issue is not that you think Gays would look at a straight guy. It's that you assumed that a gay guy want to look at EVERY dude in the shower. I mean, yeah there are a lot of sexy guys in drum corps but honestly, a gay guy doesn't want to look at all of them if he even wants to look at ANY of them! That's the perceived "ignorant" part that's getting you downvotes in the this post regardless if its your actual intention.

Because you, as a straight guy, wouldn't want to actively look at every god #### naked chick on the planet and neither would a gay man for men.

Edited by charlie1223

I have always said Drum Corps is ahead of social norms. It didn't matter your race, sex or sexual orientation etc as long as you could drum, twirl or play! As far as showers etc.... I think everyone was too hot, sticky, nasty and tired to worry too much about things like that. We changed on busses etc at show sites, and they were coed busses, and we weren't too concerned with anyone "checking us out". Also BITD homosexuality was not out in the open, I know I was pretty naive on that topic and didn't really concern myself with that issue.