Worst performance ever

I scored an 8 at my first ever drum corps competition.

Yes, an 8.

Wow... lowest score for my junior corps, during my years there, was a 34.

And I thought that sucked. :tongue:

If it seems I'm rambling is 'cause we're havin' a heat wave in Northern AB and them there 2013 kids are hot too!

Worst performance ever was my first year as DM in 1972 when I swallowed a fly, couldn't call commands, had 'tear' everywhere.

After that I took my high school mime lessons to heart (thank you Marcel Marceau : ) and conducted with gestures instead of voice command.

I scored an 8 at my first ever drum corps competition.

Yes, an 8.

I have so much respect for you. I do understand. I was in a corps in 71 that actually WON contests by scoring in the 30's and we thought were were big dogs. Man we sucked.

I don't remember the score, but the Bellettes were the worst in our cornfield league..........

Wow... lowest score for my junior corps, during my years there, was a 34.

And I thought that sucked. :tongue:/>

I was 12 years old, so it really didn't mean much to me at the time. I think we had the off the line done, but only half the drill to that tune. Nothing else. Show was maybe 2 and a half minutes long.

And people complain now about corps not being ready by the first show...

• 4 weeks later...

With the Freelancers at the 1983 Drum Corps Midwest prelims at Whitewater, our (unnamed) tympanist started the drum solo on the "and" of four instead of on one (basically 1/2 count early). The entire corps was thrown off and the opening statement of the solo sounded like popcorn. I don't recall our score, but needless to say it was not a great one.

When I was with the Blue Knights in 1981, we competed at the Capitolaires' home show in Madison. I recall that the Racine Scouts scored a 9.95 at that show. They received a zero in drumming execution (meaning they had at least 120 ticks). They were very small then, and it was one of those days.

Edited by Quadman1

With the Freelancers at the 1983 Drum Corps Midwest prelims at Whitewater, our (unnamed) tympanist started the drum solo on the "and" of four instead of on one (basically 1/2 count early). The entire corps was thrown off and the opening statement of the solo sounded like popcorn. I don't recall our score, but needless to say it was not a great one.

I'll have to listen to my Whitewater prelims recording from that year.. .......( I wonder where I got those.:ph34r:/>)

I don't remember that happening, but, of course we were still caught up in the entire:

"Live from Sacramento............The Freelancers!"

• 2 weeks later...

First show of the season 1992 in Normal, Illinois. The drumline came in 4 counts early during Comedy Tonight making the first half of the tune a train wreck. They eventually recovered and we all ended at the same time. Scored a 39.5 on DCM division 2-3 sheets. It was a rough year for the corps. Mostly rookies marching and most of the staff were rookies also. We actually peaked at just the right time in Wisconsin - division 2 prelims. Missed finals by 1.8