Rumblings from CADETLAND

How do "towers of power" tie in with Barber? I think I'm missing something here.

(And FWIW, Hop used to complain that the Cadets were criticized for not doing "traditional" ballads for a few years. I have yet to meet one of those people. Not too worried about their non-run-and-gun ending yet.)

Mike

In the livestream broadcast, Hopkins admitted that there were going to be 16 props on the field used at times to delineate certain boundaries, re-configurating boundaries, etc. to help communicate the dynamics of the show theme. He referred to them as towers. I merely alliterated with a known musical group Tower of Power when I asked if someone knew what these props with power, the towers would look like. Apparently in the webinar last night Hopkins presented some rough sketches. Brasso in his duel with others about fake rifles also used the Tower of Power mention. Mea culpa for confusing the conversation.

Edited by drilltech1

They needed the upgrade....

old_truck.jpg

Is this why the corps is starting the season with a May 25th uniformed parade in Erie, PA.? Note the motel name.

My impression is that the Cadets want to become a more innovative force again. I remember several years back, George stated they would be looking for accessibility to the audience and wanted to get the audience out of their seats. This was a reaction to "the dark years" 2006-2008, where they lost the audience and/or the judges. I suspect after last year's milk and sugar cookies show, they want to present a deeper product and expand into newer areas how to present it. I think BD has been extremely successful since 2008 doing their "more abstract, dissonant, outside the box" programs.

Is that a hearse!?

Yes. Little Jeffrey is inside. Reportedly he succumbed to MSA a few days ago ( Madras Shorts Affixiation )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

My impression is that the Cadets want to become a more innovative force again. I remember several years back, George stated they would be looking for accessibility to the audience and wanted to get the audience out of their seats. This was a reaction to "the dark years" 2006-2008, where they lost the audience and/or the judges. I suspect after last year's milk and sugar cookies show, they want to present a deeper product and expand into newer areas how to present it. I think BD has been extremely successful since 2008 doing their "more abstract, dissonant, outside the box" programs.

Don't think 2007 was a dark year. One of my favorite shows and almost won DCI.

It was a strong show in my opinion and with the judges but not a fan favorite. 2006 and 2008 were not admired by either group. Sorry I wasn't clear..

That's because this is your life and you get to choose. This I believe. Lets do something with nooo voice. I believe in...now. Martha Graham said..we live by practicing living. The principulls are the same. Math..science..I have to admit... We begin with the low brass.

• Like 2