Rumblings from CADETLAND

That's because this is your life and you get to choose. This I believe. Lets do something with nooo voice. I believe in...now. Martha Graham said..we live by practicing living. The principulls are the same. Math..science..I have to admit... We begin with the low brass.

Every time I play my trumpet... Something amazing happens.

• Like 3

You seem to be getting worked up by someone's perception of colorguard equipment and it's perceived threat on the audience.

haha !.. are you kidding ? I 'm not" worked up" on this silliness ( lol!) I even stated that people that are concerned with the potential " threats " of wooden, toy, miniature rifles are ( my quote ) "acting silly." I stated above that few DCI show goers feel that their sensibilities are being threatened by seeing wooden, miniature rifles used by color guards in shows. They havn't been concerned ( my words) " for over half a century ". Its people that raised their concern on this thread that are " getting worked up " over basically a non issue, imo. I don't think I can be much clearer on my thoughts on such silliness. So I really don't know what else to tell you but to relax...... wooden, miniature, toy rifles utilized by Guards in Drum Corps shows are no threat to me, you, nor anyone else. Breathe in, breathe out... think of something else besides the perceived threat to the sensibilities of someone, somewhere when they see wooden, miniature, toy rifles and you should be just fine.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

haha !.. are you kidding ? I 'm not" worked up" on this silliness. I even stated that people that are concerned with the potential " threats " of wooden, toy, miniature rifles are ( my quote ) "acting silly." I stated above that few DCI show goers feel that their sensibilities are being threatened by seeing wooden, miniature rifles used by color guards in shows. They havn't been concerned ( my words) " for over half a century ". Its people that raised their concern on this thread that are " getting worked up " over basically a non issue, imo. I don't think I can be much clearer on my thoughts on such silliness.

Thank you for proving my point. You are getting worked up over the perceptions that specifically George Hopkins has. You think it's silly and this getting worked up over it. Thank you and good night!

That's because this is your life and you get to choose. This I believe. Lets do something with nooo voice. I believe in...now. Martha Graham said..we live by practicing living. The principulls are the same. Math..science..I have to admit... We begin with the low brass.

Can only be memorized by some who loved it as much as me ;)

Edited by charlie1223

You are getting worked up over the perceptions that specifically George Hopkins has. Thank you and good night!

If you say so.

Pleasant dreams.

Is that a hearse!?

This original equipment truck, probably housed by Steve Vickers in some museum somewhere, is rumored to be used still by Hopkins to transport the bodies from all the bridges he has burnt. Most of those bodies went with Jimmy Hoffa under the endzone of Giants Stadium, or that's at least what the show coordinator would tell the rookie USSBA DMs at the Yamaha Cup shows. (Fact, not kidding.)

But now that Hopkins doesn't have the Meadowlands this summer, where will they go?

He has scouts out looking now:

946692_451130844974277_1810793125_n.jpg

Oh how many hours till Spring Training is over and the seaon begins????

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

The program will begin by introducing Adagio by itself, but already putting it through manipulations. It's slow out of the gate. The middle part of the show is Symphony #1, and the end is Medea. The aspect of Medea that will be most different from Star's version (other than the fact that Cadets will play less of it) will be the percussion arranging -- definitely won't be minimalistic. They'll weave Adagio quotes throughout the show. They know the kind of moment they want for a closer (they want Medea to shift back into Symph #1 and Adagio, I believe), but they don't have a full package imagined or written yet. They will make good use of the mello soloist from last year (who is AWESOME).

The towers will delineate shifting boundaries on the field, and they'll have colored coverings -- different colors on different sides, so they can rotate them to present a new color for a new song or moment. The towers will have to be set up and torn down each time, so they'll keep some equipment people busy. Guard and/or battery members will help move them throughout the show (they'll be on wheels). They added 6-8 positions to Guard (at the expense of the Brass). They have a lot of returning snares, so a very strong drumline is predicted. They're contracting out to make the alternatives to rifles and sabres -- I think YEA! might be trying to get into the equipment business? They showed some pics of equipment specs.

One thing that floored me -- the key staff wasn't immediately aware of SCV '99 when they thought of using Symph #1. Didn't come to mind that SCV won with that material.

• Like 2

The program will begin by introducing Adagio by itself, but already putting it through manipulations. It's slow out of the gate. The middle part of the show is Symphony #1, and the end is Medea. The aspect of Medea that will be most different from Star's version (other than the fact that Cadets will play less of it) will be the percussion arranging -- definitely won't be minimalistic. They'll weave Adagio quotes throughout the show. They know the kind of moment they want for a closer (they want Medea to shift back into Symph #1 and Adagio, I believe), but they don't have a full package imagined or written yet. They will make good use of the mello soloist from last year (who is AWESOME).

The towers will delineate shifting boundaries on the field, and they'll have colored coverings -- different colors on different sides, so they can rotate them to present a new color for a new song or moment. The towers will have to be set up and torn down each time, so they'll keep some equipment people busy. Guard and/or battery members will help move them throughout the show (they'll be on wheels). They added 6-8 positions to Guard (at the expense of the Brass). They have a lot of returning snares, so a very strong drumline is predicted. They're contracting out to make the alternatives to rifles and sabres -- I think YEA! might be trying to get into the equipment business? They showed some pics of equipment specs.

One thing that floored me -- the key staff wasn't immediately aware of SCV '99 when they thought of using Symph #1. Didn't come to mind that SCV won with that material.

And boom goes the knowledge bomb. Thanks Chris.

• Like 1

Sounds, Chris, like George and crew were joshing you.

Colin MacNutt marched Santa Clara snareline.

Gino C. eventually taught and was caption head for SCV brass.

Don't you think an alum and head would know their corps' history???