Rumblings from CADETLAND

I'm paraphrasing. But Hop did make mention that part of the reasoning for the change was due to what's going on in the world. I know he has very strong feelings in regards to gun control, so I'm assuming that plays into it as well. I don't really care that they're switching to something different - an abstract object flying through the air is just as arbitrary to a show about duality as is a rifle or sabre shaped object.

But I'm also not thinking that this move will decrease gun violence in America.

Well, I wonder if he is taking that stance with C2...after all, Les Mis is about a revolution.

and yes as Mike says, the unis are West Point. Ya know, where they raise soliders and officers.

shame 06 didn't have an anti drug message

I didn't mean to inject any more politics than what was conveyed during the webinar Hop gave. It was asked what was discussed, and I gave my Reader's Digest version of what I took away from it. In talking about their decision to depart from traditional rifles and sabres, he made mention of the current climate and things that were going on in the world.

I gave my $.02 when I probably shouldn't have, but was merely commenting on Hop's comments.

And Brasso, it's "chaddyt". Not "chattyt". Don't want people to get the impression I can't shut up. :tongue:/>/>/>

we know the same people. You can't

:tongue:/>

Hop says his Cadets " often gets criticized for their show endings ".

Who are, and where are, these critics of the Cadets show endings ?

I don't swim in the same waters as these alleged people. I've never met'em down by my end of the pool anyway.

only criticism i've ever seen, most specifically for 2009 that it was too ###### hard.

Sounds, Chris, like George and crew were joshing you.

Colin MacNutt marched Santa Clara snareline.

Gino C. eventually taught and was caption head for SCV brass.

Don't you think an alum and head would know their corps' history???

Colin and Gino weren't on the webinar. Hop was and he stated that he was not aware that SCV did it in '99. Didn't come across like he was joking, but who knows. It's Hop.

"Didn't come across like he was joking, but who knows. It's Hop"

Now that explains quite a lot!!!:rock:/>

"Didn't come across like he was joking, but who knows. It's Hop"

Now that explains quite a lot!!!:rock:/>/>

Not sure what explanation you're looking for. If you were listening to the webinar, you'd know exactly what I was referring to. It didn't sound like he was "joshing" us when he mentioned not knowing SCV had previously done it. Was actually chatting with a friend who was listening as well and we both had the same immediate reaction. HTH could he not know SCV did this in the past?

But maybe you're right and it was just Hop's idea of a joke....

HTH could he not know SCV did this in the past?

But maybe you're right and it was just Hop's idea of a joke....

That was 1999 - the year Cadets carted those taxi shells all over the place. Maybe he doesn't want to remember?

Loved that show - one of my favorite from The Cadets.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

That was 1999 - the year Cadets carted those taxi shells all over the place. Maybe he's completely mentally blocked out that year?

From what I understand, 1999 was a pretty rough year all around. I wouldn't be surprised if others blocked it from their subconscious as well.

"Now that explains quite a lot!!!:rock:/>/>/>"

Seeing how many times Cadets have rehashed SCV musical numbers over the years, I find it hard to take GH's words at face value.

• Like 1

The commas were also tied in to the whole Blast / Rosie O'Donnell thing if I remember right. (Wow, there's a trip down memory lane - for both of those names...)

Mike

I remember the arguments uhh discussions on RAMD when Hopkins was posting there. He brought up the Rosie "thing" as a reason we as an activity, should not use weapons. While I understood his point, using "ROSIE o'jackass" as a reason didn't go over well with some people, myself included.

I asked him if that was the case, would he not follow flag code and "guard" the national colors or would he not use the American Flag? (Yes, it's just a fake gun but if it's not going to used BECAUSE we need to move away from weapons in a show, should it not be the case in all situations )

He did finally answer something to the effect of "yes, we will follow the flag code".

I wonder if his feelings are still the same ? Will be interesting to see retreat.

Now, I guess I need to go read the rest of the thread