Rumblings from CADETLAND

Medea was a stone-cold killer who murdered her own kids in a fit of rage, then blamed it on someone else... and then went on to murder even more people.

I better see something ANGRY up in this mother.

Rtj3yT4.png

Maybe Grandpa Hopkins is just getting old and doesn't have the energy anymore. He's trying to be too much BD smoothie.

... One doesn't tinker with a multi-decade tradition which accumulated its own wisdom over the years. But live and learn. Hopkins is owned by the manufacturing lobbyists one might wonder.

Besides, didn't our mothers teach us all, just because everyone else is jumping (off a bridge) doesn't mean we should too. ...

Our mothers also taught us not to swim against the tide and to know which way the wind is blowing. And while my mother surely said some things seldom go out of style, she also made clear that some do, which is why we update our wardrobe continually.

The Cadet uniform has changed and will continue to change. Freezing it in time would be stupid.

HH

• Like 2

Our mothers also taught us not to swim against the tide and to know which way the wind is blowing. And while my mother surely said some things seldom go out of style, she also made clear that some do, which is why we update our wardrobe continually.

The Cadet uniform has changed and will continue to change. Freezing it in time would be stupid.

HH

So would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Change, merely to have change is wrong, although exciting to some. Good things get lost and people get hurt.

One must weigh the benefits and losses. I believe I have stated some serious losses regarding the judge's sheets and as one who has been to many judging seminars and rules congresses. You nor has anyone here mentioned any benefits of tinkering with the stripes and uniform other than change for change's sake.

• Like 2

Wow, I've never even noticed that the Cadets had stripes on their legs, but now that they're gone, the whole thing just looks... Wrong. Wrong and incomplete. It doesn't match; it's like navy slacks with a grey jacket.

So would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Change, merely to have change is wrong, although exciting to some. Good things get lost and people get hurt.

One must weigh the benefits and losses. I believe I have stated some serious losses regarding the judge's sheets and as one who has been to many judging seminars and rules congresses. You nor has anyone here mentioned any benefits of tinkering with the stripes and uniform other than change for change's sake.

I doubt this decision was made just for the sake of changing something about the uniform. An argument could be made that removing the stripe looks cleaner visually when they're on the move.

Hop rarely does something without a reason. You may not agree with his reasoning, or find it menial... but it's not just "change for change's sake".

I doubt this decision was made just for the sake of changing something about the uniform. An argument could be made that removing the stripe looks cleaner visually when they're on the move.

Hop rarely does something without a reason. You may not agree with his reasoning, or find it menial... but it's not just "change for change's sake".

He's been talking about it for over 20 years; the staff has fought him all the way. I remember even Zingali telling him, no, no. no. Yes, he has his reasons. Doesn't mean they are good ones or accurate.

Here's a snippet of the concert from last night. C2 is also there, wearing last year's Cadets' unis, the white DM uniform Zack Travis is wearing on the podium this year for Cadets 1.

Good lord I hope that's not the actual ending of their show...

football_fan_cry_gif.gif

He must have heard Hopkins say again, No company front! :thumbdown:/>

• Like 1

He's been talking about it for over 20 years; the staff has fought him all the way. I remember even Zingali telling him, no, no. no. Yes, he has his reasons. Doesn't mean they are good ones or accurate.

Here's a snippet of the concert from last night. C2 is also there, wearing last year's Cadets' unis, the white DM uniform Zack Travis is wearing on the podium this year for Cadets 1.

Now they haven't had the stripe since 2010, yes? It's been gone since Angels and Demons. On another note, I'm puzzled by the (lack of) visual identity for Cadets2. When they were first announced, I somehow assumed they might have a "reverse Cadets" look, with maroon pants and cream tops, or similar. Instead they seem to get the hand-me-downs each year. I"m sure cost is a factor, but it strikes me that the identity of both corps gets diluted a bit when, if you haven't been paying attention to program announcements, you can't tell at a glance who is who. I guess they are sending the message that Everyone is a Cadet, but even identical arm patches?