I & E is back.

I & E's are always cool, but (not mentioning any names) there are some corps (for their own reasons) that will not let their kids compete in them.

Edited by Piper

I & E's are always cool, but (not mentioning any names) there are some corps (for their own reasons) that will not let their kids compete in them.

I don't think that's any secret.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

there are some corps (for their own reasons) that will not let their kids compete in them.

Denial placed on a marcher's ability to compete in DCI apart from the Corps you are in ?

How ironic.

Edited by BRASSO

I will get red negatives for saying it, but I stil believe it is about the Corps, not the individual.

There are enough other venues for solos, duets, etc.

Really? Where are all these other venues for DCI members to compete mano-a-mano with other DCI members? True, there are BHOF individual and ensemble competitions held over winter and spring, but it would seem that championship week would be the very best opportunity for the MEMBERS, not just the corps, to see how they rate when up against their peers.

JMHO

Ray

• Like 5

Really? Where are all these other venues for DCI members to compete mano-a-mano with other DCI members? True, there are BHOF individual and ensemble competitions held over winter and spring, but it would seem that championship week would be the very best opportunity for the MEMBERS, not just the corps, to see how they rate when up against their peers.

JMHO

Ray

Ray,

While I agree with you 1000% and always enjoyed going out and playing one on one, player against player, and while I think that I&E was the great equalizer where kids from the Oceanside Legionnaires could square off against kids (and sometimes adults) from the big guns of the East Coast, I respect individual corps' decisions to limit their kids' participation in I&E. If it's important to that particular kid, there are many other corps they could march with that allow it. Life is full of trade-offs, and many people don't seem to want to keep their part of the trade-off agreement. If your place, your destiny, is to be a Cadet, you go into it knowing that I&E will not be a part of the picture - simple - you don't join then sue (not that anyone has or would). It's a decision - you give something, you get something - in this case the opportunity to march with one of the all-time greats. It's not equal rights, or right vs wrong - it's a choice, or a trade off.

But that's just me.

Ray

• Like 1