Fan Network 2013

1367639828[/url]' post='3259635']

Yeah I have. I was confused by it.

Yeah me too. Especially since my subscription expires at the end of the month.

Yeah me too. Especially since my subscription expires at the end of the month.

I read somewhere that members of the Ambassador program were receiving free Live subscriptions (at least until they expire this month). So if you're a part of that, it might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that members of the Ambassador program were receiving free Live subscriptions (at least until they expire this month). So if you're a part of that, it might have something to do with it.

That was nice of them, but I'm pretty sure there won't be any live events between now and the end of the month soooo....

Really???

They have a business to run. WE have lives... tongue.gif

They have lives.

...and a business to run.

Sometimes it is just toooooooooooo easy to know what buttons to push here with certain posters, ha, ha.

Since it is Spring Training season, isn't one of the earliest things all touring drum corps teach their rookies is not to waste their summer complaining to their seat partner or drill bud but to go to the one who actually can deal with the problem? And even better even have a possible solution in hand just in case that person might mark time by saying, "Well I don't know what to do..."???

But handing out red marks not-withstanding, some posters prefer to gripe rather than speak to the powers to be in Indianapolis or to organize enough fans to speak as a block together as one voice which would demand action. But that would need action.

• Like 3

They have lives.

Sometimes it is just toooooooooooo easy to know what buttons to push here with certain posters, ha, ha.

Since it is Spring Training season, isn't one of the earliest things all touring drum corps teach their rookies is not to waste their summer complaining to their seat partner or drill bud but to go to the one who actually can deal with the problem? And even better even have a possible solution in hand just in case that person might mark time by saying, "Well I don't know what to do..."???

But handing out red marks not-withstanding, some posters prefer to gripe rather than speak to the powers to be in Indianapolis or to organize enough fans to speak as a block together as one voice which would demand action. But that would need action.

Yes, and in your LONG experience on DCP (4 months and 200 posts) you've come to know clearly which posters fit your description and which don't, correct? Seems a bit of a stretch to believe.

Still, I'd be curious what sort of action (or mob) you'd find preferable to a simple question on DCP. Shall we organize a petition to demand DCI have FN up and running by a particular date? Maybe a phone-in marathon chastising DCI staff until they meet our demands? What sort of "demand" shall we place on DCI?

I appreciate your giving DCI the benefit of the doubt in this case. But "They have lives" is not an acceptable rationale when they've taken on the responsibility willingly.

Possibly you've read all 6000 of my posts and have come to "know" me on a deep and personal level, although we've never met. But I think the reality is that you stepped in it with your post and now you're just posting sour grapes to cover.

Say-lah-vee

• Like 4

Yes, and in your LONG experience on DCP (4 months and 200 posts) you've come to know clearly which posters fit your description and which don't, correct? Seems a bit of a stretch to believe.

Still, I'd be curious what sort of action (or mob) you'd find preferable to a simple question on DCP. Shall we organize a petition to demand DCI have FN up and running by a particular date? Maybe a phone-in marathon chastising DCI staff until they meet our demands? What sort of "demand" shall we place on DCI?

I appreciate your giving DCI the benefit of the doubt in this case. But "They have lives" is not an acceptable rationale when they've taken on the responsibility willingly.

Possibly you've read all 6000 of my posts and have come to "know" me on a deep and personal level, although we've never met. But I think the reality is that you stepped in it with your post and now you're just posting sour grapes to cover.

Say-lah-vee

Dear oh so serious,

I have been reading for many years, although only in a position where I could comment freely recently. Lighten up Francis. There are much bigger fish to fry in this complicated world. :-)

• Like 2

On a slightly related note, I'd be interested to see some numbers as to how many subscriptions they actually have for the fan network. I'm just curious as to how many of us out there are waiting on this. Is it in the hundreds? Low thousands? Tens of thousands?

Dear oh so serious,

I have been reading for many years, although only in a position where I could comment freely recently. Lighten up Francis. There are much bigger fish to fry in this complicated world. :-)

Do they impose posting limitations in prison? tongue.gif < I kid!>

• Like 2

Dear oh so serious,

Yea, I get it, and I regret that I bordered on name-calling or bashing you directly over the head.

For me, Drum Corps is a pretty big fish, but there are bigger.

So, I'm lighter, Frank.

:tongue:/>

• Like 1

They have lives.

That may be, and while there are plenty of tasks to keep DCI busy this time of year, is it indicative of their customer service to wait until the last minute to even update their website? I don't care about schedule so much as pricing: I'd be satisfied with a "pricing hasn't change" statement, or "here are the 2013 prices," etc. so I can plan my budget. If DCI waits too long, that money will be spent on other things. As a teacher, my pay is less over the summer than during the school year, so I have a little more disposable income now than even in a month. If I don't know what to budget, chances are decent that come June I won't have the income to spend (and instead spend the extra money this month on, like, wedding gifts for a few friends getting married, graduation gifts for friends, etc).